CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » Wayzata, MN (Was there a theater there?)

Author Topic: Wayzata, MN (Was there a theater there?)
Carroll H. Rasch

- posted December 16, 2006 03:39 PM      Profile for Carroll H. Rasch   Email Carroll H. Rasch         Edit/Delete Post 
I think there was a theater in Wayzata, MN. My thoughts were jogged this evening as I was driving down the main street of the town. (pronounced " why - ZET' - ahh" around here).

I saw a movie marquee grafted onto the front of a new development...The old buildings and charm seem to have been scraped off the face of shoreline and replaced with new condos and a contunuous shopping mall... and to make them look like the old town, the planners seem to have grafted old parts of deceased buildings onto the new parts at street level here and there. It caused a little memory flash in the back of my mind to believe that there had once been a theater there called the "Wayzata." Are there records of it in your resources? I photographed that marquee tonight... or, is it a copy?

|  IP: Logged

Richard A Stegman Jr

- posted December 16, 2006 05:40 PM      Profile for Richard A Stegman Jr   Email Richard A Stegman Jr         Edit/Delete Post 
No Wayzeta,MN listed here that i could find.

There is a Waseca,MN though. Sorry

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted December 16, 2006 10:56 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
The Wayzata Theater is listed in the 1951 Film Daily Yearbook with 515 seats.

David Wodeyla

- posted December 20, 2006 08:12 PM      Profile for David Wodeyla   Author's Homepage   Email David Wodeyla         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a link to a picture of the Wayzata Theatre http://www.wayzatahistoricalsociety.org/Decades/Years1960_1969/WHSscan42x800.jpg

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.