HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » Krikorian Corona 15

Author Topic: Krikorian Corona 15
Christopher Crouch

- posted December 01, 2006 03:02 AM      Profile for Christopher Crouch   Email Christopher Crouch         Edit/Delete Post 
Krikorian Theatres will be opening a fifteen screen theatre in Corona, CA. on 12/15/06; part of the Dos Lagos commercial developement on Lakeshore Drive.

Seeing as how this popped up in a relatively sudden fashion, I'm wondering if they are just managing the theatre; similar to how they ran the Rancho Mirage "at the River" theatre, after Edwards went belly up, prior to Century taking over. Krikorian typically announces and advertises new theatres years before construction begins. We should be able to tell shortly, as locations designed as Krikorian tend to be rather distinct.

On a related note, they looked to have dropped Pico Rivera from their "Comming Soon" website listing. Perhaps, it's just an oversite. However, they've been promoting that theatre since 2004, so one has to wonder why they suddenly stopped listing it.

|  IP: Logged

Jeff Arellano

- posted December 01, 2006 08:44 AM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe because the construction hasnt even started yet. Its been a dirt lot for years.

AMC is also building the Monterey Park 14 about 5 miles away, and Regal is building the LA Live Flagship about 10 miles away.

Looking at the Dos Lagos Shops website, its a small development. I have a feeling this is a bad move by Krikorian since it has competition from the Regal/Edwards Corona Crossings one off ramp up the freeway.

Richard A Stegman Jr

- posted December 01, 2006 08:53 AM      Profile for Richard A Stegman Jr   Email Richard A Stegman Jr         Edit/Delete Post 
Also,what happened to the planned expansion of the Redlands location from 14 to 20 screens?

Christopher Crouch

- posted December 04, 2006 01:56 AM      Profile for Christopher Crouch   Email Christopher Crouch         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Looking at the Dos Lagos Shops website, its a small development. I have a feeling this is a bad move by Krikorian since it has competition from the Regal/Edwards Corona Crossings one off ramp up the freeway.
That would kind of fit with their track record of picking questionable locations. Then again, he might have just signed on to operate the theatre for another party (as he did with Rancho Mirage), thus, doesn't have a big financial investment.

quote:
Also,what happened to the planned expansion of the Redlands location from 14 to 20 screens?
Last I heard, that was still on. From what I understand, he's involved in the property's overall expansion, not just the theatre. However, you never know with him. He also made announcements about expanding Chino and building a new home office in Redondo Beach years ago (to date, neither project has moved beyond the conncept stage).

Having worked for his company at one time, I can attest that they make a lot of grand plans that never really go anywhere.

Kyle Muldrow

- posted December 14, 2006 02:17 PM      Profile for Kyle Muldrow   Author's Homepage   Email Kyle Muldrow         Edit/Delete Post 
Unless I'm mistaken, wasn't the Fiesta Drive-In on the site that's now all dirt...the same site Krikorian was supposed to build a theater on?

It's too bad that drive-in is gone. At least SOMETHING would be generating business on that site.

Of course, if I got the site wrong, forgive the rant...

Kyle Muldrow

- posted December 14, 2006 07:07 PM      Profile for Kyle Muldrow   Author's Homepage   Email Kyle Muldrow         Edit/Delete Post 
From the "Speak Of The Devil" Department...

As I was driving home from work today (405 South in Long Beach, just before 605 interchange, around 5:00 PM), a truck passed me carrying two neon signs. The first one said "Krikorian Theatres" and the other said "Dos Lagos 15".

How's that for irony?

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.