CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » The Digital Cinema Lab @ the Hollywood Pacific has closed

Author Topic: The Digital Cinema Lab @ the Hollywood Pacific has closed
Bill Gabel

- posted October 23, 2006 06:00 PM      Profile for Bill Gabel           Edit/Delete Post 
The Digital Cinema Lab for the Entertainment Technology Center at USC at the former Pacific's Hollywood Pacific Theatre in Hollywood has closed and will vacate the building at the end of October.

They is talk about renovating the former Warner Cinerama house back to it's original design and return it back to stage operations like the nearby Pantages Theatre. Hollywood Pacific Theatre

|  IP: Logged

Jeff Arellano

- posted October 24, 2006 05:56 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
As much as its sad that they closed, the idea of returning it to use as a live venue would be excellent. Los Angeles needs another large venue. I would love to see Broadway redo some of the original theatres as well for theatrical use.

Mark Campbell

- posted October 31, 2006 05:53 PM      Profile for Mark Campbell   Email Mark Campbell         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope someone can post some more pictures of the interior, preferably the split balcony auditoriums before anyone alters/restores the theatre.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.