CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » Mann National, Westwood (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Mann National, Westwood
Mark Campbell

- posted October 13, 2007 10:47 AM      Profile for Mark Campbell   Email Mark Campbell         Edit/Delete Post 
Seems like this will be it. Developers will build a Banana Republic in its place that itself will probably close (knowing Westwood's problems) in 3 years.

Its too bad that all the theatres of this era will be gone soon. Remember this was the last single screener built in LA. Not old enough to be protected, not new enough to have multiple screens. But presentation that was flawless and spectacular. I would see a film here over the Village any day.

|  IP: Logged

Mark Campbell

- posted October 14, 2007 08:06 AM      Profile for Mark Campbell   Email Mark Campbell         Edit/Delete Post 
Today's LA Times lists "Gone Baby Gone" opening at the National this Friday in THX. Will the booking move or is the theatre not really closed? The theatre has been listed in the Independent Theatre guide of the LA times all week with "Call Theatre for Information and Showtimes". Perhaps "Feast of Love" was such a bust they were not financially able to run it beyond Sunday?...

Bill Gabel

- posted October 15, 2007 07:11 AM      Profile for Bill Gabel           Edit/Delete Post 
It's CLOSED

Bill Gabel

- posted December 05, 2007 09:25 AM      Profile for Bill Gabel           Edit/Delete Post 
The vote for landmarking the National Theatre came down at 4-0 againist landmarking it. It looks like January might be when work will start on the razing of the theatre.

Chris Utley

- posted December 05, 2007 10:06 AM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
A shame.

Mark Campbell

- posted January 08, 2008 07:22 PM      Profile for Mark Campbell   Email Mark Campbell         Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like this is it:

http://cinematreasures.org/theater/799_0_2_0_C/

I'll be in LA on business toward the end of the month. I bet there will be a big hole in the ground by then.
[Frown]

With the National and NuWilshire gone, I picked a good time to move back to Seattle.

Bill Gabel

- posted January 28, 2008 01:15 PM      Profile for Bill Gabel           Edit/Delete Post 
Look at the last set of pictures from the above link of the National Theatre from CinemaTreasures.

It's been GUTTED. Just a frame is really what left of the building.

Mark Campbell

- posted February 14, 2008 04:59 PM      Profile for Mark Campbell   Email Mark Campbell         Edit/Delete Post 
And now...nothing.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.