CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » New AMC Theatre Weekend Price Gimmick

Author Topic: New AMC Theatre Weekend Price Gimmick
Richard A Stegman Jr

- posted July 14, 2006 09:26 AM      Profile for Richard A Stegman Jr   Email Richard A Stegman Jr         Edit/Delete Post 
First it was "AMC Select" to attract an arthouse crowd to its theatres,now they've come up with "A.M. Cinema".

Fridays,Saturdays and Sundays all shows before 12 noon are between $4-6.00 depending on location.

In LA/Inland Empire,Ontario Mills 30 and Victoria Gardens 12 are $5.00

In the L.A. area,only the Montebello 10 is $4.00,all the rest are $5-6.00.

[ July 14, 2006, 07:06 PM: Message edited by: Richard A Stegman Jr ]

|  IP: Logged

Jason Whyte

- posted July 14, 2006 11:14 AM      Profile for Jason Whyte   Author's Homepage   Email Jason Whyte         Edit/Delete Post 
When are they going to go to the flat-rate, "one rate fits all" pricing that most theatres in Canada are doing now?

Bill Gabel

- posted July 14, 2006 11:25 AM      Profile for Bill Gabel           Edit/Delete Post 
Here in NYC all the AMC/Loews locations are $6.00 , except the 34th Street plex which is $5.00 for their A.M. Cinema program. Regular admission in the NYC area is $10.75. The Magic Johnson Harlem 9 is also $5.00, regular admission is $9.00.

In Los Angeles (Westside)
  • Avco $6.00
    Broadway $6.00
    Century City $6.00
    Santa Monica $6.00
    Marina $5.00
Magic Johnson Crenshaw 15 is $5.00.
Universal City 18 is $6.00 (regular admission is $11.00)

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted July 14, 2006 01:04 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
The press release:

quote:

AMC THEATRES(R) OFFERS MOVIEGOERS NEW MORNING SHOWTIME OPTIONS AT GREAT VALUE THROUGH A.M.CINEMA

Movie Tickets at Best Price of the Day Before Noon Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays

Kansas City, Mo. (July 13, 2006) - AMC Theatres today announced the launch of A.M.Cinema, a new program providing early-morning guests the opportunity to see first-run movies at the best ticket price of the day. Beginning Friday, July 14, 2006, the program invites moviegoers to visit their local AMC theatre before noon Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and holidays* to enjoy ticket prices of $4, $5 or $6 depending on the theatre and market. A.M.Cinema is available at more than 300 AMC theatres in the U.S. including AMC Loews theatres, AMC Star theatres, AMC Magic Johnson theatres and AMC Cineplex Odeon theatres. The program will also be offered at AMC's seven Canadian locations beginning Friday, July 21, 2006.

"A.M.Cinema creates a great value program for our guests during the morning hours," said Phil Singleton, president and chief operating officer of AMC Theatres. "At AMC we are passionate about our guests and the entertainment experience our theatres provide. We are always looking for ways to make the experience of going to a movie at an AMC theatre more accessible to more people."

AMC originally launched A.M.Cinema as a test program on March 17, 2006 in four select markets: Charlotte (N.C.); Columbus (Ohio); Denver; and Kansas City. The test program produced favorable results and positive guest feedback, prompting A.M.Cinema to be rolled out circuit-wide.

A.M.Cinema is yet another example of AMC's long-standing tradition as an exhibition innovator. An industry leader since 1920, AMC is known for its commitment to guest satisfaction and is credited with many of the industry's major innovations, including the multiplex and megaplex.

*Check local listings during holiday periods for A.M.Cinema showtimes.

About AMC Entertainment Inc.

AMC Entertainment Inc. is a worldwide leader in the theatrical exhibition industry. With a history of industry leadership and innovation dating back to the early 1900s, the company today serves more than 250 million guests annually through interests in 413 theatres and 5,603 screens in 11 countries including the United States. The company is headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri. Additional information is available online at www.amctheatres.com.

Christopher Crouch

- posted July 14, 2006 01:33 PM      Profile for Christopher Crouch   Email Christopher Crouch         Edit/Delete Post 
They are recycling an old promotion. Back in the mid 90's, AMC had an AM movie promotion, during the Summer (I still have a button). As I recall, it didn't do all that well.

Jeff Arellano

- posted July 14, 2006 04:05 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
I worked with AMC when they had this promo back in the mid 90's. It failed at Montebello.

Dan Roben

- posted July 14, 2006 05:15 PM      Profile for Dan Roben           Edit/Delete Post 
All Seattle AMC Theaters are $5 except the Factoria 8 and Renton Village 8 which are $4. Not sure if the price reduction will make a big difference in box office numbers since the standard matinee price is up to only a $1.50 more. Still, kudos to AMC for at least offering a lower price, even if at a less than ideal time.

I could see the AM Cinema promotion really taking off in New York City since there have never been bargain matinees there.

Christopher Crouch

- posted July 18, 2006 02:57 AM      Profile for Christopher Crouch   Email Christopher Crouch         Edit/Delete Post 
The two problems I recall with the earlier attempt at AM shows were people not being particularly interested in popcorn/candy in the morning and modest turn-outs, consisting of a greater number of senior citizens (traditionally the least likely to visit concession stands).

I've never experienced much luck with extended hours, early morning or late night (around the same time AMC was doing the previous AM promotion, they were also doing weekend midnight shows at many locations, with equally poor results).

Jeff Arellano

- posted July 18, 2006 04:22 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
Burbank and Norwalk were the only AMC's in Los Angeles that continuosly had success with Midnights every weekend. Some busy weekends, Midnights were added at both Media 6 and 8 if warranted.

Donna Siegwart

- posted August 11, 2006 12:18 AM      Profile for Donna Siegwart   Email Donna Siegwart         Edit/Delete Post 
This AMCinema (as AMC calls it), is actually an okay deal, IF they ran it all year round. I work at an AMC/LOEWS, and most of our guests didn't realize we had this new AMCinema until the end of the summer times, and since this will only last during the summer (so I have read), most people or all will forget about this deal and next year if they bring it back around, the only people who will remember it will be old employees. My theatre shows movies for $4.00 before 12pm, people sometimes try to argue about our matinee times now, because we have the AM, then the Matinee, then the Night shows. It confuses a lot of people. Esp because now we are an AMC and not a Loews. (sigh) the memories....

Michael R. Rambo Jr.

- posted September 28, 2006 02:31 PM      Profile for Michael R. Rambo Jr.   Email Michael R. Rambo Jr.         Edit/Delete Post 
At the AMC Theatre that I work at (AMC Neshaminy 24), we are still offering the AM Cinema every Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Holidays.

In the Philadelphia area, only AMC Neshaminy 24, AMC Hamilton 24, and AMC Loews Cherry Hill 24 are offering the AM Cinema on Fridays, since the other AMC Theatres' main staff and patrons are still in school. [Cool]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.