CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » Empire Esplanade 6 Cinemas, North Van, BC

Author Topic: Empire Esplanade 6 Cinemas, North Van, BC
Andrew Peter Chobaniuk

- posted July 13, 2006 03:31 PM      Profile for Andrew Peter Chobaniuk   Author's Homepage   Email Andrew Peter Chobaniuk         Edit/Delete Post 
Possibly upgrading to stadium seating in the next few years, Empire CEO and higher ups toured the facility a few months ago and seemed keen on the idea

|  IP: Logged

Jason Whyte

- posted July 14, 2006 11:21 AM      Profile for Jason Whyte   Author's Homepage   Email Jason Whyte         Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew,

How is the theatre doing now? I'm curious about what has changed since they took it over from Famous Players. There are some pictures in the Cinematour archives but I would love to see more if you are able to get pictures.

The two theatres in Victoria, the Capitol 6 and the University 4, are getting nice touch-ups in the lobby area, but I'm hoping that they can get to work on the auditoriums (new seats, improve sound quality) soon.

I hope to visit in September while covering the Vancouver Film Festival. I prefer the one-screeners and smaller multiplexes to the overblown megaplexes that seem to keep popping up.

Jason

Andrew Peter Chobaniuk

- posted July 19, 2006 01:12 AM      Profile for Andrew Peter Chobaniuk   Author's Homepage   Email Andrew Peter Chobaniuk         Edit/Delete Post 
small touch ups here and there are piling up, a lot of improvements behind the scenes, in the booths, staff room and office. new tile put down the fix old carpet, paint, new poppers...

in booth
all black walls now
new film rings
new payouts
improved dps systems

im the head projectionist there and im nagging management to fix some sound issues in a few auditorioums.

as i said before stadium seating is on the way
2 years earliest

Jason Whyte

- posted July 24, 2006 12:02 PM      Profile for Jason Whyte   Author's Homepage   Email Jason Whyte         Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds great! It's nice to see that someone cares about presentation and about making a movie house running the best it can. It's a great looking place in a good area of North Vancouver right near the seabus.

Do you know if they're working on anything at the Granville 7 or the Oakridge? I was at the Granville a few weeks ago and nothing has changed from before.

Will send you a PM if I make my way out there this September while covering VIFF.

Jason

Ron Keillor

- posted July 29, 2006 08:05 PM      Profile for Ron Keillor   Email Ron Keillor         Edit/Delete Post 
A few small changes at Oakridge: signage updated, boxoffice equipment upgraded, a second popper added. The upstairs candy bar was closed in 2001 and later converted to a storage room. The SPECO platters were replaced by ORC's from Metrotown, to the great relief of the remaining staff. And it looks like professional painters were brought in to touch up the place.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.