HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » Regal Everett 16, Everett, WA

Author Topic: Regal Everett 16, Everett, WA
Dave Felthous

- posted June 24, 2006 10:06 PM      Profile for Dave Felthous   Email Dave Felthous         Edit/Delete Post 
Regal will open their new megaplex to the public on Friday, July 14. They will close the ancient threeplex in Everett Mall. The talk was that they would also close the nearby Everett 9, but I can't substantiate that.

I don't think this theater is going to be anything really special. Regal controls that market and would have no big reason to build a really lavish theater, a la the "independent" Lincoln Square 16 in Bellevue, run by the former owner of Signature Theaters who sold most of his circuit to Regal.

Regal is no longer building auditoriums with side masking. Scope is created by dropping the top masking down. No more top-and-bottom adjustments. Loews did the same thing at their 16 in Lynnwood.

|  IP: Logged

Mark Campbell

- posted June 24, 2006 10:31 PM      Profile for Mark Campbell   Email Mark Campbell         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Dave,

Hope somebody can document the Everett Mall (former GCC) before it closes. Anyone willing? Not many GCC's left...

I hope they don't close the Everett 9. That was a nice Act III build, the first in Washington State with all THX auditoriums. Nearly identical to the Mountlake 9 in Seattle. I believe Regal has dumped the THX, which Act III prided themselves with. Hope somebody can get some pictures of this theatre as well.

I CAN'T STAND THEATRES WITH TOP MASKING DROPPING FOR SCOPE!!! What the heck is so special about scope pictures if the screen actually gets SMALLER?? One reason I actually avoid newer stadium theatres in favor of slope THX theatres from the '80's and '90's.

I would get pictures of the these Everett theatres before they shutter if I still lived in the Seattle area. Somebody please make an effort! (And get the auditoriums!!)

Dave Felthous

- posted June 24, 2006 11:07 PM      Profile for Dave Felthous   Email Dave Felthous         Edit/Delete Post 
Regal dumped THX as a cost saving, and, really, they had no competitive reason to continue the expense. $10,000 a year per screen was the figure I heard several years ago. Lucas is greedy.

The Regal where I used to work did preparation for whatever Star Wars episode came out that year, just in case it was required. We got the booking but we didn't have to re-certify. (That also was the last Star Wars film this theater got).

Matt Lutthans in Everett might be able to get interior photos of Everett 3 and 9. He has a knack for being unobtrusive. Regal will eject anyone caught taking pictures.

Ken Layton

- posted June 25, 2006 09:45 AM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton         Edit/Delete Post 
My buddy Randy Crespo did the equipment install at the new theater. All Simplex Apogee projectors with Strong Highlight 2A consoles. Unfortunately, it looks like all new Regal builds will be that horrid "top masking" (money saving) on the screens and an all Strong booth package.

I don't know if Regal will close the 9 plex, but I think it would be a very good idea to get pictures of it NOW. It was a great Act 3 Theaters build with everything done right from the start. In my opinion, I can't see Regal leaving either the 3 plex or the 9 plex open.

I haven't heard from Matt Lutthans in a long time, but he sure knows how to get in and take good pictures though! [Smile]

BTW, If a theater has a Component Engineering THX booth monitor, Component makes their own replacement crossover cards so you can yard out old Georgie boys crossover cards & send 'em back to him. The Component cards are every bit as good if not better than Georgie boys cards.

Dave Felthous

- posted June 26, 2006 09:08 AM      Profile for Dave Felthous   Email Dave Felthous         Edit/Delete Post 
I remember Randy Crespo from my Regal days. I'm wondering whether Dolby EX was installed in Everett. When Regal remodeled my old theater they put EX in the two former THX houses, but there were few release prints with that format. I think we got EX because nobody knew what sound formats Loews was going to install in its new 16 nearby and we wanted to be competitive.

Dave Felthous

- posted July 10, 2006 10:02 PM      Profile for Dave Felthous   Email Dave Felthous         Edit/Delete Post 
Regal has already closed the Everett Mall I-3, and the Everett 9's last day is Thursday 7/13. Most everything that was at the 9 is moving to the new 16.

The 3 was a move-over house and the last films there are gone. Regal has staged dollar movies Monday through Wednesday 7/10-12 featuring older films, as a shakedown before they open first-run stuff, at high prices, on Friday 7/14.

Strangely, the new 16 will charge less than its 20-year-old Lynnwood 7plex, several miles south, which matches prices at the lavish new AMC 16 across the street.

Mark Campbell

- posted July 11, 2006 10:09 AM      Profile for Mark Campbell   Email Mark Campbell         Edit/Delete Post 
Sad about the Everett 9 (but not the 3 plex, although I am sure for Scott Neff would be). Hopefully someone can turn it into a good discount house.

Mark Campbell

- posted July 12, 2006 04:34 PM      Profile for Mark Campbell   Email Mark Campbell         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually I am sad about the 3 plex come to think of it. Not many old GCC's left.

Mark Campbell

- posted July 19, 2006 09:46 PM      Profile for Mark Campbell   Email Mark Campbell         Edit/Delete Post 
See this thread...
http://forums.cinematour.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=000434
[Frown]

Dave Felthous

- posted July 21, 2006 11:40 AM      Profile for Dave Felthous   Email Dave Felthous         Edit/Delete Post 
Has anybody out there been to the Everett 16?

George Gates

- posted July 21, 2006 12:28 PM      Profile for George Gates           Edit/Delete Post 
What happened to Mark Campbell's message link?

Mark Campbell

- posted July 21, 2006 10:17 PM      Profile for Mark Campbell   Email Mark Campbell         Edit/Delete Post 
The thread was moved and shut down because it is the same topic as this thread. But here it is:

http://forums.cinematour.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=000310

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.