HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » Mann Pierside Pavillion 6

Author Topic: Mann Pierside Pavillion 6
Mark Campbell

- posted May 07, 2006 07:57 AM      Profile for Mark Campbell   Email Mark Campbell         Edit/Delete Post 
Did the Mann Pierside Pavillion 6 in Huntington Beach close? It is not in the ever shrinking Mann ad in the LA times.

|  IP: Logged

Jeff Arellano

- posted May 07, 2006 09:07 AM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like it:
http://www.movietickets.com/house_detail.asp?house_id=1440

Rent probably too high.

Christopher Crouch

- posted May 07, 2006 12:26 PM      Profile for Christopher Crouch   Email Christopher Crouch         Edit/Delete Post 
As I mentioned in another thread:
This weekend's (5/7) Orange County Register classified section has a listing for "Movie theatre personnel. Positions open for pierside theatre in Huntington Beach." The contact information is The Movie Experience (aka Sandborn/SoCal).

Unless a theatre was recently built, that I'm not aware of, this must be the Mann Pierside Pavillion 6, which would mean Mann is no longer operating the theatre and The Movie Experience has taken the lease.

Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

- posted May 07, 2006 08:59 PM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder if they OWN the building and now that nobody else will run it for them they figure it's better for them to make SOME money off of it instead of leaving it empty???

Christopher Crouch

- posted May 08, 2006 01:07 AM      Profile for Christopher Crouch   Email Christopher Crouch         Edit/Delete Post 
To the best of my knowledge, the property is owned by a non theatre interest. It's a multi tenant building, with the theatre buried among upper level offices and street level retail. Being across from the ocean and adjascent to the busy main street area, I'd assume the lease is rather hefty. My guess is that the lease ran out and Mann wasn't willing to continue paying a premium rate. I also doubt this location pulls in enough business. In addition to being a mid 80's era multiplex (old Edwards), the theatre is somewhat hidden and there are always parking issues in the area.

Bill Gabel

- posted May 08, 2006 11:26 AM      Profile for Bill Gabel           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
In addition to being a mid 80's era multiplex (old Edwards),
Well Mann Theatres opened this theatre on May 24th. 1991 with the film "Backdraft". I was at the opening of the theatre for Warner Bros. Publicity for the opening photo shots. Edward took over the theatre and a few others in that region when Mann got out of the Orange County market. But later picked most of them back up from Edwards.

[ May 08, 2006, 12:30 PM: Message edited by: Bill Gabel ]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.