HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » Ultrastar Rialto 8 Closed

Author Topic: Ultrastar Rialto 8 Closed
Richard A Stegman Jr

- posted May 03, 2006 09:22 PM      Profile for Richard A Stegman Jr   Email Richard A Stegman Jr         Edit/Delete Post 
According to the email i received from them(Ultrastar Cinemas).

Anyone know why?

|  IP: Logged

Jeff Arellano

- posted May 03, 2006 09:58 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
I also just noticed that UltraStar took over Hazard Center from Mann Theatres, when did this happen?

Richard A Stegman Jr

- posted May 04, 2006 09:22 AM      Profile for Richard A Stegman Jr   Email Richard A Stegman Jr         Edit/Delete Post 
It's been a few months since Ultrastar took over Hazard Center from Mann.

At least since,like,January.

Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

- posted May 05, 2006 09:55 PM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
Are there any other theatres near Rialto? Or was it a lease that maybe expired?

Richard A Stegman Jr

- posted May 05, 2006 10:32 PM      Profile for Richard A Stegman Jr   Email Richard A Stegman Jr         Edit/Delete Post 
There was a Rialto Twin around the same area,near Eisenhower High,up until the mid-80s and the Foothill drive in,of course. but no. not that i'm aware of.

Jeff Arellano

- posted May 06, 2006 11:30 AM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
I think Rialto's main competition came from down the "freeway" with the opening of Victoria Gardens. Why go to the old 8 plex when you can catch the 210, go a few miles west to Victoria Gardens, and go to see a movie in a nice theatre.

Fontana 8 probably will suffer the same fate eventaully. However, Its the only first run film theatre off the I-10 between Ontario's 52, and San Bernadino. A chain should take over the old IKEA building off Sierra, redevelop that center and it could find gold.

Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

- posted May 06, 2006 12:24 PM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
There's an OLD IKEA building? I thought the minute you built an IKEA it created instant success and traffic. How on Earth did one close?

Jeff Arellano

- posted May 06, 2006 10:11 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
It led a very short life too. From what I read:

March 18, 1992 IKEA store opens
1997 IKEA store closes

The center it was built in was a bust. A Target Greatland was built there too and its still open. You really couldnt see the IKEA from the freeway since it was a low building. Apparently the building is being renovated now into a Kaiser Medical Center.

Actually there are two IKEA's that were moved too. The Tustin location closed and moved a few miles up the freeway to Costa Mesa. This location was gutted, and made into a Best Buy and other stores.

Another location in The City Of Industry closed and moved to Covina. This site, next to the old Plaza 10, is going to be an auto center.

Richard A Stegman Jr

- posted May 10, 2006 09:49 AM      Profile for Richard A Stegman Jr   Email Richard A Stegman Jr         Edit/Delete Post 
On a somewhat related matter,there had been talk of building a 'plex furthur north up Sierra Avenue.

I haven't heard anything more but,yeah,the old IKEA would be great or,hell,close the Target Greatland.

They suck.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.