CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » Is the Beverly Center 13 closing? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Is the Beverly Center 13 closing?
Mark Campbell

- posted February 08, 2006 10:54 PM      Profile for Mark Campbell   Email Mark Campbell         Edit/Delete Post 
Just noticed that IMDB listed the Beverly 13 showing movies as a Mann Theatre as of this Friday, Feb. 10th. Wow, that was fast. Was any remodeling done? Or will this be the same Beverly 13 we have always known and...errr...could Mann really want to make a go of this theatre as is?

|  IP: Logged

Bill Gabel

- posted February 09, 2006 07:35 AM      Profile for Bill Gabel           Edit/Delete Post 
MovieTicket.com also lists the theatre as Mann's Beverly Center 13, but as a non-ticketable theatre. Maybe they are just opening it after they did a week of testing as to see what condition Loews left the theatre in and then to see what is needed to bring it back to shape. I worked it in the Cineplex days and it made money but was a dog in how the booth was maintained and equipped.

Richard A Stegman Jr

- posted February 10, 2006 09:54 AM      Profile for Richard A Stegman Jr   Email Richard A Stegman Jr         Edit/Delete Post 
The theatre is in the Mann Theatres listing in the Los Angeles Times but without all the "Grand Re-opening" hoopla you'd expect. There's no listing for them on the Mann website yet,however.

Mark Campbell

- posted February 10, 2006 10:41 AM      Profile for Mark Campbell   Email Mark Campbell         Edit/Delete Post 
IMDB lists it as a Mann Theatre now, and it is in Mann's Theatre listing in the LA Times without any hoopla. However the individual film ads do not list the theatre as a Mann theatre like all the Mann theatres are, but simply as the generic "Beverly Center 13". Its as if Mann is too embarrassed to put their name on it. Even when Mann reopened the old UA Thousand Oaks as Oaks Mall 5 they had a little "Grand Reopening" banner in their ad. It seems that adding the Beverly Center 13 to their chain is a desperate attempt to expand their dwindling chain.

Ron Newman

- posted February 10, 2006 10:49 AM      Profile for Ron Newman   Email Ron Newman         Edit/Delete Post 
it's not yet on Mann's website.

when I last looked on MovieTickets.com, it was listed as a Mann theatre but with an AMC logo -- looks like they fixed that.

Ron Newman

- posted February 10, 2006 02:29 PM      Profile for Ron Newman   Email Ron Newman         Edit/Delete Post 
it's now listed on Mann's web site.

Jeff Arellano

- posted February 11, 2006 08:04 AM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
What i find interesting, this is mann's second largest theatre (in number of screens). All the rest are 10 or under.

Jeff Arellano

- posted February 11, 2006 10:30 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
So I went over to see the theatre tonight. Saw "Good Night And Good Luck" in theatre three, one of the three bigger theatres.

Fresh paint, fresh carpets, fresh seat cushions (they are all red now) and no business (there was like 5 people there tonight in my movie and i saw maybe about a dozen more around the complex as I walked around it)

Whats interesting is Mann didnt put up anything advertising that they are a mann theatre. Where the Cineplex logo used to be is just a simple sign "Beverly Center 13 Theatres".

Only thing Mann about it is the bags and cups, and uniforms.

Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

- posted February 12, 2006 08:41 PM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
My guess is that the mall approached Mann about managing the theatre and is probably offering them one fine deal to do so. That would at least explain the generic signage.

Cause what would it say about a mall in BEVERLY HILLS if the theatre inside of it was closed???

Ron Newman

- posted February 13, 2006 07:05 AM      Profile for Ron Newman   Email Ron Newman         Edit/Delete Post 
It's not in Beverly Hills.

Brad Erickson

- posted May 08, 2006 05:48 PM      Profile for Brad Erickson   Email Brad Erickson         Edit/Delete Post 
Mann only seems interested in taking over leases of other chain's theatres. They used to be such a prominent force in L.A. now they are really losing thier lustre. I'm hoping a last minute miracle will save the National, it is one of the last great single screens in L.A. If it closes I really do not see anybody wanting to take it over and Mann has taken off the online ticketing and seems to be dumping crappy films into to.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.