CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » A new dawn for the Racine (WI) Granada?

Author Topic: A new dawn for the Racine (WI) Granada?
Louis Rugani

- posted August 27, 2005 07:50 AM      Profile for Louis Rugani   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Rugani         Edit/Delete Post 
The Granada (April 7, 1928 - June 1960) has been purchased in a surprise move by a sympathetic family which hopes to reuse the well-preserved northside theatre, which has been a warehouse for 45 years. Join http://www.groups.yahoo.com/group/RacineGranada for updates and a video of the Granada.

|  IP: Logged

Jim Rankin
(Jim passed away in December 2006)

- posted August 29, 2005 03:56 AM      Profile for Jim Rankin   Email Jim Rankin         Edit/Delete Post 
This is great news about Racine's GRANADA and we all should give our support to the new owners' efforts to restore one of the few remaining of America's Movie Palaces. These grandiose cinemas were an American paradigm and we all should wish to see as many of them as possible retained in some recognizable form to acquaint our posterity with this art form. The new owners' ambitions are to be praised; let us hope the road to restoration and profitability is smoother than it has been for others! My thanks to Lou for his spearheading the spreading of this good news.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.