HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » Rave Theaters

Author Topic: Rave Theaters
Amanda Jones

- posted August 20, 2005 08:12 PM      Profile for Amanda Jones   Email Amanda Jones         Edit/Delete Post 
There is a Rave Theater opening in Plainfield Indiana in October. Plainfield is only about 20 minutes from the theater I currently work at. I've never heard of Rave till a few weeks ago when my complex manager was telling that Rave might take some of our business because it is a very good chain. My question is what makes Rave so special and different from other chains?

|  IP: Logged

Jeff Arellano

- posted August 21, 2005 08:32 AM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.ravemotionpictures.com/

Their is their website. Their theatres look nice.

Mark Lensenmayer

- posted August 21, 2005 09:34 AM      Profile for Mark Lensenmayer   Email Mark Lensenmayer         Edit/Delete Post 
A new RAVE opened near me 3 weeks ago. I found it to be a very very nice theatre. Picture quality was excellent, and the sound quality was among the best I've ever heard. Every employee I encountered thanked me for coming. One even walked 30' across the lobby to thank us for our attendance.

I was impressed and will return.

Chris Utley

- posted August 21, 2005 01:04 PM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
I looked on their website and couldn't find any pictures of their auditoriums. I was trying to see how big the screens are.

Mark Lensenmayer

- posted August 23, 2005 05:59 AM      Profile for Mark Lensenmayer   Email Mark Lensenmayer         Edit/Delete Post 
Chris, I wandered around the day I was there. The room I was in was one of the smaller, and the screen was in the 30' range. It looked like some 60' screens in the larger rooms.

One of the more comfortable theatres I've ever attended. Seats were very comfortable, and there was a LOT of leg room.

Definitely not shoebox theatres!

Chris Utley

- posted August 23, 2005 10:05 PM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds good. Maybe I'll get to visit one when I relocate out of Southern CA...

John Robert

- posted August 30, 2005 08:25 AM      Profile for John Robert   Email John Robert         Edit/Delete Post 
Chris, if you're still considering Dallas for your move, there are 3 Raves in the area...

#22580, Hickory Creek ((16) on I-35E between Denton and Lewisville)
#24887, Fort Worth (Ridgmar Mall (13) off I-30 west of downtown)
(no # or listing), Hurst (North East Mall (18), I-820 at TX 121/TX 183; was a Montgomery Ward store)

Sorry, Chris, no Chinese Theaters around here when you relo, and we're lucky to have the Inwood, Granada (now live), Lakewood (mixed live and films), Highland Park, and the Majestic (live, and the last of the old downtown palaces)

Chris Utley

- posted August 30, 2005 06:23 PM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.