CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » Hy Art Theater In Lovell Is Back open

Author Topic: Hy Art Theater In Lovell Is Back open
Mark Gulbrandsen

- posted July 24, 2005 10:16 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen         Edit/Delete Post 
The 1000 seat Hy Art Theatre in Lovell, WY is back open... and has been for 9 months. This time capsule from the early 50's is in 100% original condition, retaining the original custom wool carpet, original paint, and curtains. They are open for films on weekends and holidays and also use the huge fully functioning stage for live shows as well.

www.hyarttheater.com

It is now run by a not for profit organization and the building is leased to them for $5.00 a year by the buildings owner. Plans are well along for the building to be donated to the Hy Art Theater board of trustees by the original builders daughter.

The theater was recently equipped with new sound equipment and was automated and a platter installed at the same time. One of the original X-L's SN 1696 is now mounted on the Christie console, a 4kw unit and it does a very good job of lighting up the 50 foot screen in place of the original Strong Constellation lamphouses. A DTS will soon be installed as well.

Luckily, this theatre is on my regular service run in that part of Wyoming, so I get to visit it twice a year!

Mark Gulbrandsen

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.