HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » Dimension 150 Theatres

Author Topic: Dimension 150 Theatres
Jack Coursey

- posted July 14, 2005 06:50 PM      Profile for Jack Coursey   Email Jack Coursey         Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone have a listing of Dimension 150 theatres and/or know if any are still in existence? How did this format compare to Cinerama?

|  IP: Logged

Jim Perry

- posted July 18, 2005 08:37 PM      Profile for Jim Perry   Email Jim Perry         Edit/Delete Post 
Check out Roland's Cinerama Stuff site -
he has what you're looking for on D-150.
I don't know what the addy is for this, but you can find it in the Links section at www.widescreenmuseum.com .

William Hooper

- posted July 19, 2005 12:08 AM      Profile for William Hooper   Email William Hooper         Edit/Delete Post 
Roland Lataille's Cinerama site is at
http://cinerama.topcities.com

Matt Lutthans

- posted April 06, 2008 02:14 PM      Profile for Matt Lutthans   Email Matt Lutthans         Edit/Delete Post 
The Continental still exists, and the auditorium and screen are (largely) as they always were (same size, curvature, etc.). Note that they are not running 70mm, so only a portion of the screen actually gets USED these days. That's the only one I know of that still has the deeply curved screen intact. The Cine-Arts in Pleasant Hill, CA, still has the original auditorium, but the deeply-curved screen has been replaced with a mildly curved and slightly smaller screen, much as they did with the Century 21 in San Jose.

I don't know what I'll ever do with it, but I have the screen from the UA-150 (D-150) in Seattle sitting in a storage unit. I had fun moving that one! I tried to buy all the surrounding draperies, supports, etc., but the theatre was in mid-demolition at the time, and the scissors-lift we rented to get up and disconnect things couldn't get from the door to the screen area, so that idea had to be scrapped.

Matt Lutthans
Marysville, WA

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.