HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » Upstate SC Theaters

Author Topic: Upstate SC Theaters
Lauren Grubb

- posted May 31, 2005 03:14 PM      Profile for Lauren Grubb   Author's Homepage   Email Lauren Grubb         Edit/Delete Post 
I have some misc. information and updates regarding theaters in upstate SC. I will reply to this post with more information as I gather it.

Theaters with an "*" are not yet in the database.

Easley, SC
  • Colony 1&2 Theater - this theater is closed and is being converted into a church ministry of some sort. The group appears to be preserving the exterior of the theater.
Seneca, SC
  • This town had 2 theaters that are not yet in the database.
  • *Theater 1 - I don't know the name of this theater yet, but it was located at the present location of Lowes in Seneca off of US 76.
  • *Theater 2 - Located in downtown Seneca. I'm pretty sure this one still exists, though it is closed.
  • *Fox Drive-In Theater - I have located it on a topo map/airphoto, but haven't gotten a chance to stop by for a close look. It was located on Highway 130 about 1 mile from Highway 123.
Pendleton, SC
  • *Pendleton Little Theater (present name) - This theater was built around WWII and was used by several businesses before being renovated and turned into a stage theater. This theater recently suffered fire damage when a drunk driver plowed into it.
Clemson, SC
  • *Clemson Theater - Located in downtown Clemson on College Avenue. This theater operated until the mid-1970s and had 1 screen. The building is presently occupied by the Tiger Sports Shop. The marquee is still in place.
  • *"YMCA Theater" - I don't know if this was the official name for it, but this was a 1 screen theater located in the old YMCA Recreation building on the Clemson University campus. It was open until the early 90s and usually showed 2nd run movies to a very boisterous college crowd. The auditorium remains, but it is now being used as a lecture hall for engineering classes.
Anderson, SC
  • Belvedere Cinema - This theater has been demolished.
  • *Viking Outdoor Cinema - Approximate address: 2012 HIGHWAY 29 NORTH, ANDERSON, SC 29621. Theater is closed, but lot is relatively clear. Projection booth and screen are standing, but in weathered condition.
  • Marketplace Cinemas 6 - This theater exists but is being converted into some sort of elderly care facility.
I'll be back with updates after I do some more research...

|  IP: Logged

Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

- posted June 01, 2005 12:03 AM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
Lauren, instead of posting the information here, e-mail it to newsroom@cinematour.com, the changes won't get made unless they're in the newsroom inbox.

When e-mailing changes make sure to reference the record number as listed on the webpage. If you'd like to add a theatre that is not listed already, please indicate NEW.

So in the case of your above post you would write:

#3301 - Easley, SC - Colony 1 & 2 - closed, being converted to a church. (If you had further information as to its history, include that here as well)

NEW - Seneca, SC - Fox Drive-In - Hwy 130 about 1 mile from Hwy 123.

#9131 - Anderson, SC - Belvedere Theatre - demolished

For instances like the two unknown theatres in Seneca, post to the Mystery Forum and perhaps somebody here can help you identify their names. Once you have the names, then send off an e-mail and we'll be sure to add them to the database.

I hate having to be so rigid regarding how updates are submitted, but the easier it is for Adam to enter into the database, the sooner your info will be changed.

Post back if you have any questions about anything I didn't cover and thank you in advance for your patience. [Big Grin]

Lauren Grubb

- posted June 01, 2005 07:15 AM      Profile for Lauren Grubb   Author's Homepage   Email Lauren Grubb         Edit/Delete Post 
I have no problem e-mailing the updates that are definite, but not all of those were updates. Some of it was speculation for discussion. I figured I could put up a post for each theater or just put it all in one. Most forums I visit err on the side of all-in-one. [Cool]

Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

- posted June 01, 2005 02:34 PM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll stop being critical of your posts now. [thumbs up]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.