CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » #366: Cine North 1-7 is closed. (Minot, ND)

Author Topic: #366: Cine North 1-7 is closed. (Minot, ND)
Carroll H. Rasch

- posted May 24, 2005 07:41 AM      Profile for Carroll H. Rasch   Email Carroll H. Rasch         Edit/Delete Post 
Cine North 1-7 (#366) in the Dakota Square Shopping Center on the south edge of Minot, ND 58701 has closed.

Carmike Cinema has concentrated all of their showings down the mall at their other location about 100 yards south in the same mall and corridor.

There are still markings and decorative paintings on the wall above the, now sealed, entry way. No other business has, as yet, taken over that location.

I took my young daughters to see "Airplane" on one of the screens. There was no end of giggling and possibly led my oldest daughter to fly for Delta Airlines for a time when she graduated from college...my only solid memory of the place...except that it was clean and that the projectionist was sometimes inattentive in lowering the lights and focus... <chuckle> ...Which reminds me that Hap Haslo at the old Empire Theater was flawless in his projection work.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.