CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » Dallas: former Medallion Theater days numbered?

Author Topic: Dallas: former Medallion Theater days numbered?
John Robert

- posted May 19, 2005 01:39 PM      Profile for John Robert   Email John Robert         Edit/Delete Post 
The site of the Medallion shopping center in north-northeast Dallas was home to a theater which has closed in recent years. Posters to this thread on a local message board are concerned that recent activity on the land is leading to a demolition. One of the message board posters took pictures between 2000 and 2002 after the theater closed. Rumors on the message board have swirled of late that a Kohl's store might go up in that part of the shopping center, but no confirmation as of yet.

**UPDATE**

I found this other posting in the same board updating a timetable and what will go up later on in the space.

|  IP: Logged

Mark Richey

- posted May 23, 2005 10:32 PM      Profile for Mark Richey   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Richey         Edit/Delete Post 
According to the thread, the Medallion has now been demolished. In its heyday, the one-screen Medallion was, along with the nearby NorthPark I&II, Dallas's premiere theater. My parents have told me numerous times about seeing The Godfather there back in 1972. I never had the opportunity to go during its single-screen days. I only made it over there after it had been carved up into a 5-plex and had become a second-run theater. They hadn't done that good of a job carving the theater up, and it was a good 30-minute drive from Plano, so I only went a couple of times. It's a shame I was too young to enjoy it when the theater was worth going to.

John Robert

- posted May 26, 2005 09:03 AM      Profile for John Robert   Email John Robert         Edit/Delete Post 
Just saw a new thread there by one of their regulars, and the site is "totally leveled". I got to go there only once, several years ago; wish I could remember the movie I saw.

Brad Miller

- posted May 27, 2005 03:19 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't see it either before it was plexed, but it was a major shithole after it was.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.