HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » Jerry Lewis Theatres

Author Topic: Jerry Lewis Theatres
Jack Coursey

- posted April 23, 2005 08:07 PM      Profile for Jack Coursey   Email Jack Coursey         Edit/Delete Post 
I am looking for photos of the Jerry Lewis Theatres, preferably with the Jerry Lewis caricature logo still on the marquee. This chain probably had the shortest live span in the industry. I know that they were not architecturally significant, but I'd like to see what they looked like if for no other reason to satisfy my morbidly curiosity. Also, did they only build single and twin venues?

|  IP: Logged

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted April 23, 2005 09:33 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
The Biscayne III in Columbia, MO, was built by the Jerry Lewis chain. The auditoriums were still red, blue and gold when I was brought in to close it in 1998.

Jack Coursey

- posted April 24, 2005 05:30 PM      Profile for Jack Coursey   Email Jack Coursey         Edit/Delete Post 
Kinda bland, but not much different than what everbody else was building during that (70s)time period. Thanks for the info.

Mark Richey

- posted April 27, 2005 11:09 PM      Profile for Mark Richey   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Richey         Edit/Delete Post 
I suppose it's hard to compare a 22-year-old theater to how it was when it was brand new, but when I saw my first movie at the Biscayne in the fall of 1995, I remember being shocked at how poorly the theater was laid out and how tiny the auditoriums and screens were. By then, it had become a dollar theater. I can't imagine having to see first-run fare there before 1992.

Ken Layton

- posted April 28, 2005 08:14 AM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton         Edit/Delete Post 
The Enumclaw Cinema in Enumclaw, Washington (theater # 2495 on Cinematour) is a former Jerry Lewis cinema. What a piece of crap theater.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.