CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » Strand Theatre, Crawfordsville IN

Author Topic: Strand Theatre, Crawfordsville IN
Aaron Stayt

- posted February 27, 2005 01:41 PM      Profile for Aaron Stayt   Email Aaron Stayt         Edit/Delete Post 
I have some updated info on the Strand. According to some paperwork I have, it was built in 1880 and remodeled in 1919. It was a 2 story building and was 164' x 81' in size. The architect was Arthur Helbing of Chicago.

I am the owner of the organ console. The interesting part is, I talked to someone who said he used to work there in the 60's and he never remembers seeing an organ in the place. However I can see what appears to be the console in an old b+w picture from the THSA. Maybe the organ was removed in the 30's-40's? The person also said the building was demolished in the 1980's after part of the roof collapsed. It had been converted to a duplex prior to that.

If anyone can tell me some more about the theatre's history I would appreciate it.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.