CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » Theatre Photos (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Theatre Photos
Bill Gabel

- posted February 10, 2005 02:48 PM      Profile for Bill Gabel           Edit/Delete Post 
When Beverly Connection 6 opened and for the first few years, three of the theatres featured Ultra-Stereo front / surround setups. (Center channel and surrounds only) Those Ultra-Stereo units were later moved to their Santa Anita 4 Theatre.

|  IP: Logged

Rachel Gilardi

- posted February 13, 2005 09:17 AM      Profile for Rachel Gilardi   Email Rachel Gilardi         Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like I'll be working at the semi-run down theater in attleboro, MA now, tri boro. I got the job offer last week and I'm going down to take a look-see tonight. Maybe if I take the job I'll be nice enough to send some pics to Adam. Maybe.

Oh yeah, btw. Change the damn picture, I'm not in Mani-what? anymore!!! Not to mention I have short hair now [Uh-oh] Adam, KEEP UP! [Big Grin]

Phil Dincecco

- posted February 13, 2005 09:55 PM      Profile for Phil Dincecco   Email Phil Dincecco         Edit/Delete Post 
The Westgate Cinema in Brockton (recently closed and slated to be demolished) still has a shadow box in the Cinema 2 auditorium (521 seats)that was never split. Dave W is correct originally painted White there was reflection onto the screen. Some time in the early 70 the shadow boxes were painted Black to eliminate the reflection. The shadow box gave the impression that the screen was floating and with the Blue screen dimmer lights on during intermissions it was quite impressive.

David Wodeyla

- posted February 19, 2005 09:34 PM      Profile for David Wodeyla   Author's Homepage   Email David Wodeyla         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a view of the front entrance to the Framingham Cinema, taken around 1980.  -

[ February 20, 2005, 07:40 AM: Message edited by: David Wodeyla ]

John J. Fink

- posted September 26, 2009 09:33 PM      Profile for John J. Fink   Author's Homepage   Email John J. Fink         Edit/Delete Post 
Found another existing GC Shadowbox at Dispon Theaters Eastern Hills, Williamsville, NY (Theater 3 only - 1 and 2 appear to have been split). Dipson it appears makes an effort to only play scope films in 3, however this week all pictures were flat, including the one I saw in Theater 3 - it looks like Dave's picture of the old Framingham Cinema (with new seats, thankfully).

It appears only the entrance/snack bar have been remolded, the theaters and bathrooms are pretty vintage.

Mark Campbell

- posted September 27, 2009 11:15 AM      Profile for Mark Campbell   Email Mark Campbell         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I hear Scott Neff hopping on the next plane to Williamsville. Somebody should photograph it while it is still open....including the split.

Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

- posted September 27, 2009 12:02 PM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
Seriously. There can never be enough photos of theatres. MORE MORE MORE I say. And yes, if i had some money and time off from work I'd probably have arranged another trip somewhere... old cinderblock GCC's are crying for more attention.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.