CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » Theatre Photos (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Theatre Photos
Phil Dincecco

- posted January 18, 2005 10:13 PM      Profile for Phil Dincecco   Email Phil Dincecco         Edit/Delete Post 
I have photos of several theatres what e-mail address do I send them to?

|  IP: Logged

Roger Katz

- posted January 19, 2005 03:43 AM      Profile for Roger Katz   Email Roger Katz         Edit/Delete Post 
You can send them in to Adam at newsroom@cinematour.com - I see you are in Massachusetts which is nearby me. What cinemas did you photograph?

David Wodeyla

- posted January 20, 2005 05:08 AM      Profile for David Wodeyla   Author's Homepage   Email David Wodeyla         Edit/Delete Post 
Phil, it's nice to see you posting here. I read recently that the
Westgate Cinema no longer exists. I was wondering if you had any color shots of the lobby taken back in the 1970's? If you post something here, I'll follow with some of my photos of Braintree and Framingham.

Tom Mundell

- posted January 20, 2005 01:11 PM      Profile for Tom Mundell   Author's Homepage   Email Tom Mundell         Edit/Delete Post 
Do you have any from when those were still GCC theatres? I took a few photos when I first heard AMC was buying the chain, and now I haven't a clue as to where they've disappeared to...

David Wodeyla

- posted January 20, 2005 01:19 PM      Profile for David Wodeyla   Author's Homepage   Email David Wodeyla         Edit/Delete Post 
You don't know where your pictures are, or you don't know where GCC went? (sorry, couldn't help but try to make a joke.)
I'm hoping Phil will upload some photos to this site.
My pictures are from years ago. You can see some of them by going to my web site, listed on the bottom of this message.

David Wodeyla

- posted January 21, 2005 05:39 PM      Profile for David Wodeyla   Author's Homepage   Email David Wodeyla         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a color picture of lower Washington St in Boston showing the Paramount upright and marquee.
 -

Phil Dincecco

- posted January 21, 2005 10:18 PM      Profile for Phil Dincecco   Email Phil Dincecco         Edit/Delete Post 
Many of the photos are from my collection of CinemaScene Magazines a General Cinema employee publication.

Hi Dave, I do have some photos of the Westgate Lobby and from South American which I took during my last theatre tour. I will begin scanning and send them in.

David Wodeyla

- posted January 22, 2005 07:16 AM      Profile for David Wodeyla   Author's Homepage   Email David Wodeyla         Edit/Delete Post 
I wish I had saved issues of Cinemascene. Here's a small picture of the Framingham Lobby.
 -

Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

- posted January 22, 2005 11:16 AM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
GCC had a publication? I'd love to see a few of those, you should scan some and make a PDF out of them and see if Adam will post them online.

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted January 22, 2005 01:19 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
Or, if you're interested, I could scan them all for you and return them along with a CD-ROM of the pdf files. Email me privately if you're interested.

I wish I'd kept all of my circuit newsletters. [Frown] The stuff you have to throw away when you move a million times.

Brad Miller

- posted January 22, 2005 03:15 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller         Edit/Delete Post 
Our buddy Scott Norwood was supposed to get us shots of Framingham a few years ago. Ahem, Scooooooooottt??? [Wink]

Phil Dincecco

- posted January 22, 2005 10:00 PM      Profile for Phil Dincecco   Email Phil Dincecco         Edit/Delete Post 
I will scan a few of the more interesting covers and send them along.

Phil Dincecco

- posted January 23, 2005 10:19 PM      Profile for Phil Dincecco   Email Phil Dincecco         Edit/Delete Post 
 -

Braintree Cinema when built as a General Cinema Theatre

Tom Mundell

- posted January 24, 2005 07:23 AM      Profile for Tom Mundell   Author's Homepage   Email Tom Mundell         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
You don't know where your pictures are, or you don't know where GCC went? (sorry, couldn't help but try to make a joke.)
A bit of both actually! General Cinema theatres always seem to be pretty busy, so I was surprised when I first heard they had financial trouble. I didn't have a digital camera at the time, so the pictures I took were on film and got misplaced at some point in time.

David Wodeyla

- posted January 24, 2005 09:38 AM      Profile for David Wodeyla   Author's Homepage   Email David Wodeyla         Edit/Delete Post 
GCC was always busy in New England. Maybe one of the problems was that there were theatres built in areas already over-screened, and poor leases made the new megaplexes less profitable.
I notice you're from Waltham, and wonder if you were a patron of the Waltham Cinema I&II which used to be located on Winter St.?
What theatres did you attend in your area?

All times are Central
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.