HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » S. Charles Lee Theatres

Author Topic: S. Charles Lee Theatres
William French, Jr.

- posted January 06, 2005 01:45 PM      Profile for William French, Jr.   Email William French, Jr.         Edit/Delete Post 
After searching for a while for photos and drawings of theatres designed by S. Charles Lee, I found that his papers are housed at the University Of California, Los Angeles, Library. They can be found online at:

http://oac.cdlib.org/findaid/ark:/13030/tf3000050c

Type in "Theatre" and you not only get his drawings, you also get photos. This collection does not include all of his drawings but is a great start.

Thanx,
William

|  IP: Logged

Jeff Arellano

- posted January 06, 2005 05:42 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. Awesome awesome pics of theatres long gone (for the most part)

Jim Rankin
(Jim passed away in December 2006)

- posted January 07, 2005 06:09 AM      Profile for Jim Rankin   Email Jim Rankin         Edit/Delete Post 
The architect, then in his 80s, appears and speaks briefly in the 1980 documentary by the Smithsonian Institution: "THE MOVIE PALACES" on video at many libraries, but no longer available for sale. Do not confuse this with the "Movie Palacs" video for sale by www.Amazon.com.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.