HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » "Annie Hall"

Author Topic: "Annie Hall"
Greg Johnson

- posted December 27, 2004 06:24 PM      Profile for Greg Johnson   Email Greg Johnson         Edit/Delete Post 
In the Woody Allen movie "Annie Hall", when Woody arrives in Los Angeles, they show various clips of the city, one of them is a marquee of a theater, but no name is shown. The theater is showing "House of Exorcism" with a second feature. The year was probably around 1975. This had been bothering me for some time now. Anybody know the name of the theater?

|  IP: Logged

Richard A Stegman Jr

- posted December 29, 2004 07:50 AM      Profile for Richard A Stegman Jr   Email Richard A Stegman Jr         Edit/Delete Post 
"House of Exorcism" was filmed in 1973,but released in the US in 1976.

But that doesn't answer your question...

It could probably have been either the Pix Theatre or the World Theatre on Hollywood Boulevard.

Both usually showed these kinds of movies.

The Pix is now a legit stage theatre and The World...not sure what happened to it.

Come to think of it,it might have been The Vine Theatre,as well.

Dave Felthous

- posted December 30, 2004 07:18 PM      Profile for Dave Felthous   Email Dave Felthous         Edit/Delete Post 
The Pix had previously been the Fox. When Fox West Coast Theaters sold it, the new owner was faced with changing the name. They did a clumsy job out of converting the F to a P on both the vertical sign and the marquee. The P from the vertical sign turned up in a backyard of a home a few years ago and was given to the Museum of Neon Art in LA. I don't know what was ever done with it.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.