CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » Wehrenberg to open Galaxy; Clarkson closed

Author Topic: Wehrenberg to open Galaxy; Clarkson closed
Kyle Muldrow

- posted December 11, 2004 07:18 AM      Profile for Kyle Muldrow   Author's Homepage   Email Kyle Muldrow         Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings, everyone! It's been a while since I posted on this thing. Good to be back.

Anyways, just checked out the website for Wehrenberg Theaters and there is a link to their new Galaxy 14 Cine in Chesterfield, MO, which they say will open December 22. On the flip side, the Clarkson 6 Cine is no longer listed on the site. I guess this really isn't a big surprise. The Clarkson was 20 years old, had 6 screens, and did not appear to be expandable. Do any of my fellow St. Louisans feel the Clarkson could become a discount house? There currently isn't one in West County.

This is just a guess with no info to back it up: The next Wehrenberg to go might be the Kenrick 8, although their theater at Northwest Plaza might also be on the short list.

Favorite Clarkson memory: seeing Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade in 70MM THX. Awesome.

I'll be back in St. Louis over Christmas, so I'll try to check out the new place at that time.

Feel free to comment.

|  IP: Logged

Chris Utley

- posted June 20, 2005 11:33 AM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
I just got back from St. Louis and saw "Batman Begins" at this theatre on it's Mega Screen. Pretty nice place...really big screen! Half of the screen was masked from the top down so "Batman Begins" could be presented in 2:35:1 aspect ratio. The speakers had good Dolby Digital pop but for some reason they sounded a bit muffled and not crisp and clear. But it was a good presentation.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.