CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » AMC THEATRES (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: AMC THEATRES
William Newman

- posted January 11, 2005 12:50 PM      Profile for William Newman   Email William Newman         Edit/Delete Post 
Kent Station 14 Theatre Complex total seating cap. about 2800

|  IP: Logged

William Newman

- posted May 15, 2005 04:05 AM      Profile for William Newman   Email William Newman         Edit/Delete Post 
Currently, AMC Kent Station 14 Theatres is now under construction.

Michael R. Rambo Jr.

- posted June 01, 2005 07:48 PM      Profile for Michael R. Rambo Jr.   Email Michael R. Rambo Jr.         Edit/Delete Post 
The AMC Santa Anita 16 is getiin a new manager, who is transferring from the AMC theatre that I work at (Neshaminy 24 in Bensalem, PA)

Jeff Arellano

- posted June 02, 2005 03:45 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome Michael. I know the Managing Director there, Heidi Dean-Gilles. She is a great person and fun to work with. I stop by and she still hugs me (even though I left the company 3 years ago)

Michael R. Rambo Jr.

- posted July 25, 2005 10:43 PM      Profile for Michael R. Rambo Jr.   Email Michael R. Rambo Jr.         Edit/Delete Post 
The AMC Bay Street 16 in the Oakland CA area also has a new manager, who came from AMC Neshaminy 24. The AMC Town Center 20 in the Kansas City area (AMC's home market) new Managing Director also came from AMC Neshaminy 24, and before us (i work at Neshaminy 24), the AMC Empire 25 and The AMC South Barrington Theatre

William Newman

- posted November 11, 2005 02:11 PM      Profile for William Newman   Email William Newman         Edit/Delete Post 
AMC Kent Station 14 is now hiring. Sources the new complex will during the Christmas holiday or after.

Bob Allen

- posted November 12, 2005 02:35 AM      Profile for Bob Allen   Email Bob Allen         Edit/Delete Post 
Kent Station is under construction now. I live about two miles from it. If I can come up with a digital camera I'll try to get some pics. Or maybe Rodeo Jack can come over from the West Sound and shoot it.

William Newman

- posted November 12, 2005 12:59 PM      Profile for William Newman   Email William Newman         Edit/Delete Post 
New AMC Theatres are opening on Dec 14:
Kent Station 14 in Kent, WA
Northlake 14 in Charolette, NC
Firewheel 18 in Garland, TX

New AMC Theatres be opening Eastridge 15 in San Jose, CA

Robb Roberts

- posted July 22, 2006 03:00 AM      Profile for Robb Roberts   Email Robb Roberts         Edit/Delete Post 
AMC and the Cordish Co. have joined together to renovate the the old Empire Theater in downtown Kansas City, MO, which has sat empty since 1986. The theater was purchased by the city in late 2004.

The renovated theater will be a 6-plex with state-of-the-art digital technology, an 8,000 sq. ft. restaurant, and a separate bar. The theater complex will open in 2007 as part of the new Power & Light District being developed by Cordish Co.

The premium boutique theater will primarily screen foreign and independent films, as well as serve as a venue to introduce and experiment with new technologies and new programming options AMC wants to test.

The 1,100-seat complex will reopen under the AMC banner as the Mainstreet Theatre, which was the original name when it opened in 1921 as a vaudeville theater. The building is the only Rapp & Rapp-designed theater in Kansas City. Cordish Co. intends to apply to have the Empire/Mainstreet placed on the National Register of Historic Places, a designation it was not able to receive under the former owner, who wanted to tear it down.

AMC and Cordish also plan to redevelop the nearby Midland Theater, already owned by AMC. It will continue to be a live music venue which will include a restaurant, a bar, state-of-art audio-visual, sky boxes and multi-purpose flat floor space among other special and unique features.

The Midland Theater, which opened in 1927 as a movie palace under the Loew's banner, is on the National Register of Historic Places. It was designed by Thomas Lamb and the Boller Brothers. It is said to have been Lamb's favorite theater, and the first in the country to feature air conditioning.

AMC corporate headquarters is located four blocks from the Empire/Mainstreet, and three blocks from the Midland.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.