CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » Military base theatres - an undiscovered resource?

Author Topic: Military base theatres - an undiscovered resource?
David Morrison

- posted August 27, 2004 09:58 AM      Profile for David Morrison   Email David Morrison         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.militarynewcomers.com/Theater.html

Anyone had any luck going on-base and researching these places?

|  IP: Logged

Mike Olpin

- posted August 27, 2004 11:37 AM      Profile for Mike Olpin   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Olpin         Edit/Delete Post 
A while back I got to see Jumanji at the San Diego Naval Base. At the time it was not equipt for surround. I understand that recently the theatre has upgraded their projectors and sound system.

Roger Katz

- posted August 27, 2004 06:19 PM      Profile for Roger Katz   Email Roger Katz         Edit/Delete Post 
I submitted photos of the Dealey Center Theatre on the Groton Naval Submarine Base nearly a year ago. hopefully they shall be posted soon. [Smile]

Scott Norwood

- posted August 30, 2004 10:01 AM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood         Edit/Delete Post 
I sent in some pictures of the theatre at Hanscom AFB (look under "Bedford, Massachusetts). There are some newer pics on Film-Tech, too, which show the upgraded sound system.

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted August 30, 2004 03:07 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in Anchorage driving around this week. I wanted to photograph the Fort Richardson theater, but it's on a military base. [Frown] One of these day's I'll make a friend in the right place.

John McDowell

- posted January 24, 2005 06:29 PM      Profile for John McDowell   Email John McDowell         Edit/Delete Post 
As of tonight (1/24) that link did not work.

But speaking of Military base theatres, I have just found a picture that I took back 10 or 15 years ago of the Waybur Theatre at Ft. Knox, KY.
It appears to be the one listed on this site as the Ft. Knox Theatre.
After checking Ft. Knox information on the web, I cannot determine if any of the 4 base theatres that were there in 1969 are operating. It didn't appear that they were.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.