CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » St. Louis, MO: The Wehrenberg jingle (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: St. Louis, MO: The Wehrenberg jingle
Mark Richey

- posted June 10, 2007 02:21 PM      Profile for Mark Richey   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Richey         Edit/Delete Post 
Even though I went to college in Columbia for 4 1/2 years (go Tigers!), I have only limited experience with Wehrenberg, since they chose to never expand to mid-Missouri (aside from the 5-plex at the outlet mall in Osage Beach). I did go to see a few movies at Wehrenberg locations in St. Louis, however. I remember a friend of mine making it a point to go home to Ballwin the weekend that the Empire Strikes Back re-release opened in 1997, to see it at a Wehrenberg, instead of whatever theater in Columbia was showing it (since I had nothing better to do that weekend, I tagged along).

As for pizza, Imo's (which does have a store in Columbia) was OK, but the world's (or at least Missouri's) best pizza is, without a doubt, Shakespeare's, located just down the street from the historic Missouri Theater. But, I may be biased...

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Reed

- posted June 13, 2007 06:09 PM      Profile for Andrew Reed   Email Andrew Reed         Edit/Delete Post 
Imo's is good...Faraci's is the best (Ballwin and Ferguson).

I always went to Wehrenberg's St. Charles 10, Mid Rivers 7, and AMC Regency Square when I was growing up (Country Day/MICDS grad, btw). Went to Halls Ferry 7, Cross Keys, Village Square, and Northland occasionally. It seems like there used to be more theatres...I guess with bigger theatres come fewer theatres. Now I usually go to Wehrenberg's Galaxy in Chesterfield, AMC Chesterfield Mall, AMC West Olive, or AMC Creve Coeur...that's when I'm in town. I'm in Greencastle, IN 9 of 12 months now.(DePauw University student)

How's the new Regal/UA/whatever they are now at St. Louis Mills?

Bradley Higgins

- posted December 08, 2009 05:02 AM      Profile for Bradley Higgins   Email Bradley Higgins         Edit/Delete Post 
We used to go to the Halls Ferry 6,8,14 theater and hear it all the time. I remember the scratches on the screen before Wehrenberg Theaters appeared and then it zoomed on to the crown.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.