CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » St. Louis, MO: The Wehrenberg jingle (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: St. Louis, MO: The Wehrenberg jingle
Chris Utley

- posted July 13, 2004 05:36 PM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
Went home to St. Louis last week and heard the new Wehrenberg jingle while waiting for Fahrenheit 9/11 to start at Jamestown Mall 14. I thought it was cute how they tried to "remix" it and incorporate snippets of the original jingle into it. Truth be told, the jingle was pretty cheesy (as was the computer animated trailer), but at least they tried to pay tribute to a little piece of classic St. Louis film history. [thumbs up]

|  IP: Logged

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted July 13, 2004 05:42 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
Are they still playing the purple-ish animated trailer with the jewels in the crown-W?

Chris Utley

- posted July 13, 2004 09:42 PM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
All I remember is spinning film reels, the "W" and the Crown in the Wehrenberg logo, and the remixed jingle. It was my first visit to a Wehrenberg since 1995.

Raymond Zacher

- posted October 15, 2004 01:19 PM      Profile for Raymond Zacher   Email Raymond Zacher         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello. Where can I get or download the GCC and Wehrenberg jingles? For that matter, the old AMC "No Talking, Please" as well?

Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

- posted October 15, 2004 04:57 PM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know -- but it'd be cool if there were an easy way to find old policy trailers, either on 35 or online.

Mike Olpin

- posted October 16, 2004 01:09 AM      Profile for Mike Olpin   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Olpin         Edit/Delete Post 
My very favorites:

-Pacific - People Pleasing People (just for the music)
-Pacific -Projector? - the one where the gold colored film threads itself as we fly in front of the lense
-Mann/Cinamerica - A 3D cgi movie camera, fountain, palm trees
-AMC - Clippy conjures up music from notes that fell off a music sheet.
Generic - Lights, Camera, Action!
-UA Magician, Oddyssey, Blade Runner & Hallway
-Regal Coaster (New version with lever on opening cntrol pannel)
-The one Krikorian was using in 1994 or 5

William Newman

- posted October 18, 2004 12:49 PM      Profile for William Newman   Email William Newman         Edit/Delete Post 
Can provide a jingle Century Theatres.

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted October 19, 2004 12:14 AM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
Century doesn't have a jingle.

Michael Furlinger

- posted October 19, 2004 03:39 PM      Profile for Michael Furlinger   Email Michael Furlinger         Edit/Delete Post 
Rko Century Warner had the no talking please , this was great / the patrons would all do the logo every time it came on....

William Newman

- posted October 20, 2004 07:33 PM      Profile for William Newman   Email William Newman         Edit/Delete Post 
Have a jingle of SRO Theatres(former Bellevue WA Theatre Chain).

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted October 20, 2004 08:50 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
What format do you have it in? I could possibly convert it and post a link.

Ronald Almiron

- posted May 05, 2007 11:24 PM      Profile for Ronald Almiron   Email Ronald Almiron         Edit/Delete Post 
I recently dug up this wonderful 3-year-old post from Kyle. I also found both the classic and new versions of the Wehrenberg intro theme, as well as a rare commercial, at the following link:

http://www.smick.net/notebook/2005/01/25/wehrenberg-theaters-theme-song/

Listening to it really brings back some memories, like seeing Star Wars in one of the tiny (by today's standards) screens at the Des Peres 4 Cine. Unlike other classic versions found on this forum and other sites, the 1964 version found at the aforementioned site is full and uncut, clocking in at 1:25.

Kyle Muldrow

- posted May 06, 2007 06:43 AM      Profile for Kyle Muldrow   Author's Homepage   Email Kyle Muldrow         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, Ron, for the awesome link...and welcome to the Forum!

By the way, I saw Star Wars at the Westport Cine. Ever go there?

Ronald Almiron

- posted May 06, 2007 10:27 AM      Profile for Ronald Almiron   Email Ronald Almiron         Edit/Delete Post 
No, can't say that I have. My Wehrenberg experience was limited to Ronnie's Drive-In, 66 Park-In, Des Peres 4, Creve Coeur (where I saw The Empire Strikes Back), Ronnie's 8 and Kenrick 8 (all I can remember off the top of my head). I'm actually going to St. Louis this weekend, and I hope to check out Spidey at the Chesterfield Galaxy's megascreen.

Kyle Muldrow

- posted May 06, 2007 04:46 PM      Profile for Kyle Muldrow   Author's Homepage   Email Kyle Muldrow         Edit/Delete Post 
Cool, Ron!

My Wehrenberg experience consisted of: The Cinema 4 Center, the Westport Cine, the St. Charles 18 (it was 10 when I first went), Northwest Plaza 4 (old) and 9 (new), Ronnie's 20 and, just one time, the 66-Park In. I went to Des Peres once. It's now got 14 screens.

I grew up in St. Charles, so it was mostly "St. Chuck" and North County for me. And since it's St. Louis...I went to St. Charles High School (class of 1982).

I went to the Galaxy back in 2005 to see Phantom Of The Opera. You're going to like that Mega Screen. But I highly recommend the Ronnie's 20 and the "Drive-In Diner" they have.

Be sure to give your impressions of the Galaxy when you get back.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.