CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » St. Louis, MO: The Wehrenberg jingle (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: St. Louis, MO: The Wehrenberg jingle
Kyle Muldrow

- posted April 23, 2004 06:00 PM      Profile for Kyle Muldrow   Author's Homepage   Email Kyle Muldrow         Edit/Delete Post 
How many of you St. Louisans out there remember the jingle that Wehrenberg Theaters used to play before each movie? I mean the one with the trumpets and the "ba-ba-ba-ba"s that lasted about 3 minutes. Well, guess what? The Post-Dispatch's website put the old jingle on their site as a .wav file a while back and I managed to download it!! And now it's been posted here!! Enjoy!!

MP3 of Wehrenberg theme song (891KB) 56 seconds

Speaking of Wehrenberg, if you've looked at their website recently Wehrenberg you will know that they are once again expanding outside Missouri. They are planning a new 16-screen theater in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Let's hope this goes better than the Arizona experiment.

[ April 23, 2004, 07:20 PM: Message edited by: Kyle Muldrow ]

|  IP: Logged

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted April 23, 2004 06:54 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
And what a fabulous trailer it was! Absolutely nothing on screen until the singers said the name of the company at the end. Well, nothing but millions of scratches unless the projectionist remembered to leave the dowser closed until the logo came up. Yes, a great kitchy theme. [Smile]

Dan Akers

- posted April 24, 2004 12:19 PM      Profile for Dan Akers   Email Dan Akers         Edit/Delete Post 
[Rolling on Floor Laughing] That brings back a few memories!

Daniel Fuentz

- posted April 24, 2004 08:28 PM      Profile for Daniel Fuentz   Email Daniel Fuentz         Edit/Delete Post 
[Mad] Thanks a lot, now I have had "bah bah bah... Wehrenberg... bah buh bah... Wehrenberg Theeeeater..." stuck in my head all freakin' day! Seriously, that sounds a lot like the image campaigns TM Productions used to do for TV/Radio stations in the 70's. Thanks for sharing it, though, I always like hearing stuff like that, even if there are "side effects". [Big Grin]

Chris Utley

- posted April 25, 2004 11:08 AM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
CLASSIC!!!

Makes me long for Saturday nights at the Airway Twin in St. Ann!

Kyle Muldrow

- posted April 25, 2004 04:12 PM      Profile for Kyle Muldrow   Author's Homepage   Email Kyle Muldrow         Edit/Delete Post 
Glad you guys are enjoying the jingle. Hey Chris, you want the Airway back, I want the 66 Park In in Crestwood back!! Oh, to have old 66 (Watson Road) back to how it was...

Daniel, sorry about the "side effects"...it can be kinda catchy, huh? [LOL] Hey, question for you...I may be paying a visit to Fresno in the next month or so. Which theaters would you recommend for checking out a movie? And which ones should I stay away from? Too bad there aren't any drive-ins left up there [Frown]

Daniel Fuentz

- posted April 25, 2004 08:34 PM      Profile for Daniel Fuentz   Email Daniel Fuentz         Edit/Delete Post 
Presentation-wise, the Signature at Manchester Mall is always very good. The Edwards is decent, but presentation there is starting to slip a little. I have only been to the UA Broadway Faire once in the past year, so I can't really say how good/bad that theater is.

Theatres to avoid, in my opinion, are the UA complexes in Clovis -- both are typical 80's UA "shoeboxes" with tiny screens and middle-aisle auditorium designs. (The 8-plex in the Vons shopping center is really bad presentation-wise -- it's truly dollar theater quality at first run prices!)

There is a decent drive-in in Visalia, which I go to in the winter months when the Madera Drive-In is closed.

Norman Plant

- posted May 18, 2004 04:23 PM      Profile for Norman Plant   Email Norman Plant         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for that Wehrenberg theme. I've been looking for it for a while. The new one is nowhere near as good. As for me, I want the Ronnies Drive In back. (The real one, not the bogus one in the Ronnies 14)

Dan Akers

- posted May 20, 2004 09:24 PM      Profile for Dan Akers   Email Dan Akers         Edit/Delete Post 
I hate to be off topic, but Chris, when did you live in the North County area? I have a feeling that we might have went to school together LOL!
On Topic... I think I may drag the family out to ILL to the drive-in! I only remember going to the North Twin and 270 Drive in (St. Louis area), but I know I was at a few others when I was working for MAT/RKO/AMC.

EDIT: if anyone really cares, I did find the GCC trailer music LOL.
Now if I can only find the old Mid-America Theatre trailers I have stashed somewhere.....

Richard A Stegman Jr

- posted May 21, 2004 09:36 AM      Profile for Richard A Stegman Jr   Email Richard A Stegman Jr         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd be interested in the GCC trailer music,if you can burn it on a CD or put it on cassette! if you have the trailers themselves as well,bonus! [Smile]

Kyle Muldrow

- posted May 21, 2004 05:30 PM      Profile for Kyle Muldrow   Author's Homepage   Email Kyle Muldrow         Edit/Delete Post 
I remember the GCC trailer. That was the one with GCC set up like a projector and the C's spun around while the music played, right?

I never knew Mid-America had trailers. I went to the I-70 Drive-In in St. Peters many times and never remember seeing a trailer there. Maybe it was because I never went to any of MA's indoor theaters. At least they had a neat logo.

Chris Utley

- posted May 21, 2004 11:24 PM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
STL is in the house!!! I lived there from 72 (when I was born) till 85. Been in Los Angeles ever since.

If any of your STL heads are gonna be around 4th of July week, I'll be returning home to visit (for the first time in 7 years!) and I plan on hitting Skyview in Belleville, Ronnies 20 (never went as a kid, believe it or not), and the legendary Esquire 7.

I have the GCC trailer (audio only) downloaded. I barely remember Mid America's trailers. There was a very loud bombastic fanfare in the 70s (used to see it at the Holiday D/I), some "No Smoking" trailers with the guy who used to do the weather on KSDK 5 in the early 80's, and some galaxy, spinning film reel thing in 83-84 before the AMC takeover.

Sorry to go OT...had to answer Dan's question.

Dave Scott

- posted June 09, 2004 08:32 PM      Profile for Dave Scott   Email Dave Scott         Edit/Delete Post 
Would anyone happen to have a link to the GCC, or even the Mid-America, jingle? You guys have me feelin' nostalgic now for the old hometown theatres. [Smile]

Dave Scott

- posted June 10, 2004 12:18 PM      Profile for Dave Scott   Email Dave Scott         Edit/Delete Post 
Follow-up: I found the GCC jingle after a search, but so far no luck with Mid-America.

Does anyone remember if Arthur Theatres had a theme or jingle for their theatres? I don't recall them using anything.

Dan Akers

- posted June 17, 2004 07:09 PM      Profile for Dan Akers   Email Dan Akers         Edit/Delete Post 
OT...Sorry Chris, thought I might have known you from high school.. but lucky for you, you are younger than me lol.. as far as the GCC jingle...
http://tulsatvmemories.com/wav/gccfull.wav

All times are Central
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.