CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » planned new cinemas (Page 9)

This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  19  20  21 

Author Topic: planned new cinemas
Eric Gieszl

- posted September 10, 2006 10:49 AM      Profile for Eric Gieszl           Edit/Delete Post 
AMC Del Amo 18 (Torrance, CA) opens September 22.

|  IP: Logged

Ron Pierce

- posted September 11, 2006 08:01 PM      Profile for Ron Pierce   Email Ron Pierce         Edit/Delete Post 
Future 18-plex in Glendale, CA.
http://www.globest.com/news/710_710/losangeles/148910-1.html

GLENDALE, CA-Caruso Affiliated has unveiled its first list of tenants at the Los Angeles-based developer’s Americana at Brand project, a $320-million mixed-use development due to open in the spring of 2008. The newly named tenants are described as "cutting-edge concepts and innovative retailers” by Todd Russell, SVP of retail leasing and marketing for Caruso Affiliated, who says that the company aims to establish a “one-of-a-kind fashion district” at the new center.

Among the business that have signed for space at the new open air shopping venue are Lacoste, Juicy Couture, Martin + Osa and Swedish apparel retailer H&M, which will open a two-level flagship location at the Caruso development. Among the tenants recently named by Caruso include Anthropologie, A/X Armani Exchange, Aveda Lifestyle Salon, Marciano and Urban Outfitters, as well as a number of others.

Besides these retailers, the project is slated to feature a Pacific Theatres 18-plex cinema at the 15.5-acre development site, which is bounded by Brand Boulevard, Central Avenue and Colorado Street. The 900,000-sf development will comprise 475,000 sf of retail occupied by 75 shops and boutiques, restaurants, 238 apartments and 100 condominiums.

Caruso broke ground in June on the project, which is being designed by the company's in-house architecture team, working in conjunction with Elkus | Manfredi Architects. The Americana at Brand is Caruso's latest project to break ground since the Grove, his retail and entertainment center in the Fairfax district of Los Angeles. Other projects in development include the Shops at Santa Anita in Arcadia and the Village at Playa Vista in Marina del Rey.

Chris Utley

- posted September 11, 2006 08:26 PM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I remembered one more that is being planned still: AMC Downtown Los Angeles. Supposedly 14 screens around the Grand Ave project by the music center / disney concert hall. Its to compete against the Regal Flagship at LA Live.
Very interesting, indeed.

When is LA Live (and the new Regal) supposed to open? I hope I'm still living in SoCal when the place opens up.

Mark Campbell

- posted September 11, 2006 08:45 PM      Profile for Mark Campbell   Email Mark Campbell         Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder what will happen to Laemmle's Grand 4-Plex in Downtown LA if Regal and AMC open theatres there. It now plays predominantly mainstream fare, but would it revert to art and foreign films, which is Laemmle's speciality?

Jeff Arellano

- posted September 13, 2006 08:36 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
On the Laemmle's Website:

The BRAND NEW Laemmle's "Claremont 5" • Opening Early 2007!

Its on the corner of First and Indian Hill. Art product, first in the inland empire.

And I think that LA Live opens next year supposedly. Its supposed to be their flagship and their greatest theatre ever. Here is a look at it (on the AEG Website):
 -

Doesnt it remind you of, say, Culver City Pacific or The Grove?

Also, Caruso is an idiot for doing the things he is doing in Glendale and Arcadia. Thats a different story. Seriously though, can that area handle an 18 screen theatre, and the mann's 14 screens across the street?!?!? Not to metion burbank 30 is up the freeway 5 miles.

Chris Utley

- posted September 13, 2006 10:21 PM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
I suspect the LA Live Regal will be more Edwardsian in decor and proportions (and screen size too, hopefully!). I wouldn't even be surprised if they shoved an IMAX in there, too. It wouldn't even compete with the IMAX up the road at the Science Center (that IMAX only shows real IMAX movies - not the Hollywood DMR'd stuff). Can't wait to see what Regal does with this place when it opens.

As for Glendale, the only Mann that'll get killed is the 4 plex (around the corner from the 10-plex). Probably Landmark will gobble it up and turn it into an arthouse.

Richard A Stegman Jr

- posted September 14, 2006 11:09 AM      Profile for Richard A Stegman Jr   Email Richard A Stegman Jr         Edit/Delete Post 
We have to wait until next freaking year for the Clairmont Laemmle to open? That blows! Though,i did wonder why i hadn't yet seen any listing in the paper for them.

But,they're practically on the L.A./I.E. borderline.

When are we gonna get an arthouse in the I.E. proper?

Jeff Arellano

- posted September 14, 2006 06:25 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
I highly doubt it, even though Redlands could have one.

So many new theatres in Los Angeles over the next two years.

Dave Felthous

- posted September 14, 2006 08:04 PM      Profile for Dave Felthous   Email Dave Felthous         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm surprised that the LA Live will carry the Regal brand. They've wisely carried on with the Edwards name in California because the Edwards theaters are much loved by the public.

Regardless, I suspect LA Live will have the dreadful drop-down masking that Regal is using in its new construction.

Chris, have you decided where you're going to move?

Jeff Arellano

- posted September 14, 2006 09:15 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
The weird thing is that Edwards is not really big in Los Angeles.

Los Angeles mainly had the UA Theatres. I think UA is now pretty much dead to Regal. Edwards does not have a single theatre in the city of Los Angeles.

Mark Campbell

- posted September 14, 2006 09:35 PM      Profile for Mark Campbell   Email Mark Campbell         Edit/Delete Post 
A Glendale 18-Plex from Pacific will certainly be another nail in the coffin of the once-glorious Mann Theatres. Why can't Mann get their act together?

Chris Utley

- posted September 15, 2006 09:58 AM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
When folks think of Edwards, Orange County comes to mind. The closest they've gotten to LA is South Gate and Long Beach. Incidentally, The Bridge in West LA was supposed to be an Edwards. But when they went bankrupt, National Amusements swooped in and picked up the theatre.

Dave, we still have not settled on a place to live. We expect to be out of Cali within 12-18 months, though.

Christopher Crouch

- posted September 15, 2006 03:17 PM      Profile for Christopher Crouch   Email Christopher Crouch         Edit/Delete Post 
New Theatre in Rio Rancho, NM.

Rio Rancho Theatre

The City of Rio Rancho is proud to announce that construction will soon begin on a 14-screen movie theater that will be operated by Starplex Cinemas.
Rio Rancho's newest entertainment venue will be located near Southern Blvd. and Unser in a 45,000 square foot facility that will have approximately 2,400 stadium style seats and state-of-the-art sound technology. "This announcement is another fulfillment of the City's stated economic development priorities and quality-of-life initiatives. "We are eagerly anticipating the opening of this facility, which will be the first of its kind in Rio Rancho," said City Manager Jim Palenick.

Construction is anticipated to begin in early fall. An aggressive building schedule has been put in place to allow the facility to open by May 2007 for the beginning of the summer movie blockbuster season. "Rio Rancho will now have a wonderful addition for entertainment for our residents and families with the addition of our own theaters,” said Mayor Kevin Jackson. Starplex Cinema will become part of one of City's fastest growing retail centers that already includes Wal-Mart, Chili's, First Community Bank, and a forthcoming Starbucks.

"This theater is another example of the success of the contract for retail coordination by the Rio Rancho Economic Development Corporation. RREDC thanks its board members and partners who helped make the location of this new entertainment venue a possibility. Team work is the cornerstone of any project and this was clearly the case in this endeavor," said Noreen Scott, President of the RREDC.

Starplex Cinema currently operates 25 theaters and 211 screens across the United States. Rio Rancho's new multi-screen theater complex will be their first project in the state. Southern & Unser, LLC is the property owner with Maestas and Ward Commercial Real Estate serving as the leasing agent. Reid and Associates Inc. will be the builder of the facility.

Jeff Arellano

- posted September 19, 2006 07:46 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
Holy Crap, an AMC Theatre I totally forgot about opens soon in Chula Vista, CA.

From http://otayranchtowncenter.com :

quote:
In addition to great dining, Otay Ranch Town Center will feature entertainment options for everyone in the family. Enjoy a relaxing afternoon at the book store or take in the latest hit movie at the 12-screen AMC Theatre. Kids will delight at the popper fountains and Chalk Garden, while man's best friend will enjoy the 10,000 square foot Doggie Park.
So the AMC Plaza Bonita 12 will be a few miles from this one as well.

Richard A Stegman Jr

- posted September 19, 2006 10:51 PM      Profile for Richard A Stegman Jr   Email Richard A Stegman Jr         Edit/Delete Post 
Looks and sounds like another Victoria Gardens.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  19  20  21 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.