CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » planned new cinemas (Page 8)

This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  19  20  21 

Author Topic: planned new cinemas
Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

- posted May 25, 2006 08:12 PM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
I love me them theatre blueprints.

I've come across a few sets in my time of the "proposed" design. I like to think in some alternate universe all the "what-if" plans were built.

Like -- what would a certain well known theatre development look like if a different company had won approval to develop? How many projects were in the works with Cineplex Odeon or General Cinemas before they got bought out? There have to be a handful of proposed GCC locations that AMC gave up to a competitor because in their business opinion they made no sense.

Imagine if AMC had built at Universal Citywalk in L.A. instead of Cineplex??? Or if it was the Regal Cinemas Downtown Disney? Cinemark 30 @ The Block!!!

I'm sure it's the scenarios like these that get me excited about theatre acquisitions. The architecture of one chain, dressed up to look like another. Regwards Alhambra 14 comes to mind... [Razz]

|  IP: Logged

Jeff Arellano

- posted May 25, 2006 08:36 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
Im glad you like them Scott. You can see them close up if you go to the Grubb-Ellis website, click on leasings, click on Atlantic Times Square, then download the PDF File.

This is probably the last Loews theatre to be built, since most have been already started on. I'll take pictures of construction when it starts.

LoeMC Theatre?

Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

- posted May 25, 2006 10:08 PM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
AMews?

John J. Fink

- posted May 26, 2006 08:55 PM      Profile for John J. Fink   Author's Homepage   Email John J. Fink         Edit/Delete Post 
...and of coarse here in Jersey we'll be getting the AMC Loews Rockaway 16 soon enough (the building shell of the building is up). I'm wondering if it will still have Loews branding - which would then complicate things since every AMC Loews is still using Fandango for online ticketing. I'm hoping it'll be furnished with AMC's singature high back seats.

For the record, I don't remember (correct me if I'm wrong) any GC sites under construction that AMC finished. Two Sundance Cinema sites (a GC brand that failed in part because of the ambition of the theaters) were later compleated, one by Regal, the other by National Amusements and opened as The Bridge: Cinema De Lux (in Philiadelphia). For the matter both Bridge sites were going to be opperated by other owners (the LA one was going to be an Edwards site), they are great theaters with their own hip sense of style, not at all like the other Cinema De Lux sites they own that they built themselves from the ground up.

Jeff Arellano

- posted May 27, 2006 11:25 AM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
With Monterey Park, they havent even started construction, but all plans are in alreday. So this will definitely be the last Loews designed theatre built.

Brian Laurence Wolf

- posted May 28, 2006 07:33 AM      Profile for Brian Laurence Wolf   Email Brian Laurence Wolf         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's the Muvico Rosemont Walk 22, part of a massive development in Rosemont, IL just northwest of Chicago.

http://www.rosemont.com/images/muvico.pdf

Jeff Arellano

- posted August 27, 2006 05:16 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.ci.glendora.ca.us/news/drgroundbreaking.html

Well its been a while for cinema ground breaking, but here is one! AMC Glendora 12.

quote:
Glendora Turns out 'Big' for Diamond Ridge Ground-Breaking: 113 Persons Attend Event

(GLENDORA, Calif.) - Inclement weather stayed away, but Glendora residents, City Council members, local businesses and community leaders didn�t, as about 113 persons turned out today for the ground-breaking of the $75 million to $90 million, 29-acre, 360,000-square-foot Diamond Ride retail shopping center.

Diamond Ridge Project Director and event emcee Brian McConnell said that weather permitting, grading on the project should begin this week, with a grand opening slated for May 2007. McConnell said the project will include retail tenants 24-Hour Fitness, Pet Smart, Barnes & Noble, Best Buy, Old Navy, Tilly�s, Lane Bryant, Staples, Beverages & More, Chili�s and other sit-down restaurants � with an AMC 12-screen theater also being a potential major attraction at the shopping center..

Jeff Arellano

- posted September 01, 2006 09:03 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
Another AMC. This time at Plaza Bonita in National City (San Diego). This location will be not too far from their Palm Promenade 24. This will be a 14 plex.

http://www.sddt.com/News/article.cfm?SourceCode=20060831crdc

(Long article, in a nutshell)

Plaza Bonita is a 25-year-old, 800,000-square-foot mall in need of an upgrade as well as an expansion. The old Montgomery Ward space is being demolished in part to make way for a 139,000-square-foot Target (NYSE: TGT) store. That site has been vacant for the past five years. Westfield has transformed former Montgomery Ward sites into Target stores in Mission Valley here and in San Jose.
The additions also will include an AMC Theatres multiplex, a 23,000-square-foot Border's Books, 40 new shop spaces, new restaurant spaces and a new food court. Along with a new parking structure, other amenities will include Westfield inventions such as "Playtown," a venue for toddlers, and the "Family Lounge" for adults.
quote:

Chris Utley

- posted September 04, 2006 07:10 PM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
I used to go to the old Mann 6 at Plaza Bonita back in the 80's when I used to visit my family in San Diego. I saw "Rocky 4" there with a loud and rowdy theatre crowd on opening weekend.

Surprised it took them so long to rebuild a theatre there.

Jeff Arellano

- posted September 04, 2006 10:14 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
I just want to know what AMC is doing. Are they starting to Regalize themselves by building more and more.

I mean just in So Cal alone we have planned and are working on:
Monterey Park
Glendora
National City
Carlsbad
Riverside
Tustin
Am I forgetting any????

Not to mention the rumors of Santa Monica.

Christopher Crouch

- posted September 05, 2006 03:09 AM      Profile for Christopher Crouch   Email Christopher Crouch         Edit/Delete Post 
It is interesting how AMC has gone after the Southern California market so aggressively.

I remember asking Dick Walsh about future projects in Southern California back when I was at the west division academy (circa 98') and he implied that the market was already over saturated. More precisely, he flat out said that they wouldn't be looking at any other projects in Orange County after the Block. Interesting how his view must have changed since then.

Richard A Stegman Jr

- posted September 05, 2006 09:27 AM      Profile for Richard A Stegman Jr   Email Richard A Stegman Jr         Edit/Delete Post 
AMC is coming to Riverside? That'd be cool. Do we really need ANOTHER Regal?

I know one's planned. i'd rather it be AMC,myself.

Jeff Arellano

- posted September 05, 2006 03:44 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
AMC Galleria At Tyler 14 I think it is.

Richard A Stegman Jr

- posted September 05, 2006 05:12 PM      Profile for Richard A Stegman Jr   Email Richard A Stegman Jr         Edit/Delete Post 
The General Growth Properties website says the AMC Galleria at Tyler will be 16 screens.

I'm getting giddy now. [Smile]

Jeff Arellano

- posted September 10, 2006 08:33 AM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
I remembered one more that is being planned still: AMC Downtown Los Angeles. Supposedly 14 screens around the Grand Ave project by the music center / disney concert hall. Its to compete against the Regal Flagship at LA Live.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  19  20  21 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.