CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » planned new cinemas (Page 7)

This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  19  20  21 

Author Topic: planned new cinemas
Jeff Arellano

- posted March 08, 2006 05:15 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
Krikorian has started construction Finally of their Pico Rivera 15 plex on the old Fiesta 4 Drive in site. Grading is taking place. They say it should open in 2006.

|  IP: Logged

James Gonzalez

- posted March 08, 2006 07:07 PM      Profile for James Gonzalez   Email James Gonzalez         Edit/Delete Post 
January 27, 2006
Austin Business Journal

Cinemark plans to build a 14-screen movie theater in the Southpark Meadows shopping center which is at the southwest corner of I-35 and Slaughter Lane in South Austin. The theater is expected to open March 2007.

Cinemark already has four theaters in the Austin area, with four more set to open in the Austin area in 2006 or 2007.

Aside from the Southpark Meadows location, Cinemark will be openning in Round Rock, adjacent to the new Chelsea retail project and IKEA store; at the Hill Country Galleria project in Bee Cave; and in Georgetown.

Chris Utley

- posted March 09, 2006 11:28 AM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
I may have to put Austin back on my "places to move" list. The lack of "state-of-the-art" theatres was a deal breaker for me.

Bob Allen

- posted March 17, 2006 06:12 PM      Profile for Bob Allen   Email Bob Allen         Edit/Delete Post 
While it's beyond the planned stage, AMC has opened it's Kent Station 14 here in Washington's Seattle suburb. I visited several weeks ago and was very impressed with the layout and the architecture. I was even more impressed with the screen performance in the auditorium I attended. The picture was bright, the focus was perfect, the edges (masking) sharp and the feature level just right. The trailers, of course, just about blew my ears off.

Christopher Crouch

- posted March 20, 2006 01:43 AM      Profile for Christopher Crouch   Email Christopher Crouch         Edit/Delete Post 
From Jeff, earlier in this thread:

"Read this online:

Harkins Theatres in Chino Hills

The same month hails the arrival of the Crossroads Marketplace 18-plex, to anchor an 800,000-square-foot retail and entertainment center in Chino Hills, Calif.

This will no doubt be the end of the line of the former SoCal 12, current Krikorian Chino 12. "

It will be interesting to see these two theatres battle it out. Krikorian has plans to expand their theatre to 16 and renovate, upgrading it to the "Metroplex" concept (wonder if there will be a non operational "Sky Bar"?). They've been advertising this "future project" for about two years now, so who knows when, or if, they'll follow through. I'm guessing the Harkins theatre will force Krikorian to go through with it, if he hopes to remain a viable presence in the area.

Richard A Stegman Jr

- posted March 20, 2006 12:49 PM      Profile for Richard A Stegman Jr   Email Richard A Stegman Jr         Edit/Delete Post 
I know the Harkins complex coming to Moreno Valley mall is gonna kill the Ultrastar Towngate 8,which is on property adjacent to the mall.

I'd like to see it become a moveover discount house while the Ultrastar Canyon Springs 7.a little up the freeway from the Towngate 8,become an arthouse venue.

They're already showing foreign/arthouse films on a screen there anyway,why not go all the way?

Christopher Crouch

- posted March 20, 2006 06:41 PM      Profile for Christopher Crouch   Email Christopher Crouch         Edit/Delete Post 
The theatre chain is not identified, but there is apparently a new theatre (listed as a 14 plex in some promotional material) scheduled to open in San Clemente this Fall.

"The Plaza at San Clemente, a development of Craig Realty Group and SDC Partners, LTD., will be the first outlet center in prosperous Orange County, California. This affluent area is ranked 14th nationally in buying power, 1st in household retail spending, and contains the highest density of households with annual incomes over $100,000. This exciting retail complex will feature nearly 600,000 sf of multiple retail uses. It will include 350,000 sf of outlets and complementing retail, a large multiplex cinema , a mixture of dinner houses and casual dining, a hotel with conference facilities, and a blend of neighborhood services."

One has to wonder how the already struggling Krikorian San Clemente 6 will fair with a new theatre being built in the area.

[ March 22, 2006, 03:56 PM: Message edited by: Christopher Crouch ]

Michael R. Rambo Jr.

- posted March 27, 2006 02:40 PM      Profile for Michael R. Rambo Jr.   Email Michael R. Rambo Jr.         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Hey everyone this is a really kool site for cinema dorks like me, but I really like it. Here is a preview of Regel Entertainment Group new builds and expansions (through 2005) also when the are scheduled to open (subject to change). These are all definetly going up/already under construction. And how they will be branded.

RG--Gallery Place 14 DC--Open
ED--Corona Crossings 18 CA--Open
SG--Riverside Plaza 16 CA--Open
RG--Kendall Village 16 Miami, FL--Febuary
SG--El Dorado Hills 14 El Dorado, CA--April
RG--Rivertone 14 Coeur D'Alene, ID--May
RG--Louisiana Riverwalk 14, Bossier LA--May
RG--Martin Village 16 WA--June
Rg--Bridgeport Village 18 OR--June
RG--Pinnacle 18 Knoxville, TN--Summer
ED--Downtown 9 Boise, ID--November
RG--Lancaster 16 OR--November
RG--Everett Mall 16--December
RG--Gulf Coast 16 FL
RG--The Loop 16 FL
UA--Atlantic Station 16 GA
RG--American Mall 12 OH
RG--Salsbery 16 MD
RG--Southland Mall 16 Miami, FL
RG--Pyramid Mall 14 NY
UA--Grand Junction 14 CO
UA--Santa Fe 14 NM

Expansions:
Westlake 11-->16, OH
Ceritos 10-->16, CA
Hyland Plaza 5-->9, NY

The ones with out dates are yet to be determined, but probally not before 2006.

Hope this helps

REG Regal Cinemas The Loop Stadium 16 Theatre, in the Orlando-Lake Buena Vista, Florida area, opened on 3/10/2006

Ron Newman

- posted March 27, 2006 09:14 PM      Profile for Ron Newman   Email Ron Newman         Edit/Delete Post 
Is Regal buying any of the Loews or AMC theatres that they are required to divest?

Christopher Crouch

- posted April 22, 2006 02:24 AM      Profile for Christopher Crouch   Email Christopher Crouch         Edit/Delete Post 
The opening of the Harkins 18, in Chino Hills, has aparently been moved back to August (according to their website).

Daniel Fuentz

- posted April 23, 2006 12:55 AM      Profile for Daniel Fuentz   Email Daniel Fuentz         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm... I notice Clovis is off the list of announced expansions. Regal (UA) currently operates a 6-screener at thw Sierra Vista Mall that mall management announced sometime last year would be replaced by a 16 or 20 screen theater at the other end of the mall. They said at that time "they were looking for an operator" but I never heard anything more about it after that. They did, however, state the current 6-plex would either be demolished or gutted and converted to retail space. (I dont know what store would want it as retail, though, as it's tucked away at the back of the mall behind Target and isn't really visible from the main streets.) That would leave the UA 8-plex a few miles down Shaw as the last non-stadium theater operating in town.

Daniel Fuentz

- posted May 15, 2006 02:39 AM      Profile for Daniel Fuentz   Email Daniel Fuentz         Edit/Delete Post 
Construction is starting at the new Sierra Vista Mall complex. No signage for the theater operator, just a sign for "Cinecon" construction. Looking at their website it seems they've built a lot of Signature's properties.

Jeff Arellano

- posted May 23, 2006 09:51 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
Here is a look at the future AMC-Loews Monterey Park 14. I couldnt read the size of the theatres.

-  -

Loews has one large concession stand there, and a coffee/ice cream bar which im sure AMC will scrap. Very linear in design for the complex.

Dan Roben

- posted May 23, 2006 11:21 PM      Profile for Dan Roben           Edit/Delete Post 
Ground will be broken this summer for a mixed-use project including a 16-plex just south of the Northgate Mall in North Seattle. No word on who the operator will be, but my guess is that it will be AMC, Regal or Century.

North Seattle is actually severely underscreened for this type of complex and I expect it to be a huge success. The only competition nearby is the AMC/Loews Oaktree 6, about a mile away and sure to close if AMC operates the new plex. About 4 miles north is Regal's Mountlake 9, which might suffer, but I think is safe. 4 miles southwest is the Majestic Bay 3 plex, which is solidly supported by the Ballard district. Lastly, there are University District theaters that Landmark runs about 3 miles south, but they cater to a different audience and shouldn't be affected much.

Dave Felthous

- posted May 24, 2006 04:46 PM      Profile for Dave Felthous   Email Dave Felthous         Edit/Delete Post 
My best guess for the Northgate project is Century, followed by AMC/Loews, because Loews (nee Cineplex Odeon, nee Sterling here) has a long history at the mall.

When I left Regal in February there were no plans to upgrade or expand their Mountlake Terrace nineplex, even though it needs it, and a Northgate megaplex would affect it. Either Regal thinks it will get Northgate (not likely; the company has a bad history working with mall owners) or it is going to slowly give up that part of the market to others.

Their NW expansion right now is the 16 in Everett, and that may be the end of new investment here for quite a while. Regal has cut way back on the number of new builds. I would guess Everett and last year's Lacey 16 will be Regal's last expansion here for the forseeable future. Especially since AMC and, to a lesser extent, Century, are intruding on territory that has been Regal's domain for a long time.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  19  20  21 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.