CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » planned new cinemas (Page 5)

This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  19  20  21 

Author Topic: planned new cinemas
Kevin Dupruy

- posted March 30, 2005 06:41 PM      Profile for Kevin Dupruy   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, 2 new ones planned in Baton Rouge, LA...
>One in the new extention to the Mall of Louisiana, a 15-screen theater operated by Rave Motion Pictures, adds to another RMP on O' Neal Ln.

>One in the new Perkins Rowe lifestyle center about a mile down from the new Rave, 16-screen Cinemark theater, also adds to another 10-screen Tinseltown theater on Siegen.

There's also rumors that Regal will add more screens to the 11-screen United Artists Citiplace theater on College, but no one knows if that is true or not.

|  IP: Logged

John McDowell

- posted April 02, 2005 08:48 PM      Profile for John McDowell   Email John McDowell         Edit/Delete Post 
I have recently heard from my cousin's son (an employee of Metrolux 12, Loveland, CO.) that Metrolux will soon be breaking ground on a new 14 screen theatre to replace the current 12 screen there in Loveland.
Opening is planned for late fall (hopefully for the holidays).

Jeff Arellano

- posted April 02, 2005 11:26 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
Read this online:

Harkins Theatres in Chino Hills

The same month hails the arrival of the Crossroads Marketplace 18-plex, to anchor an 800,000-square-foot retail and entertainment center in Chino Hills, Calif.

This will no doubt be the end of the line of the former SoCal 12, current Krikorian Chino 12.

Ron Pierce

- posted April 20, 2005 07:20 PM      Profile for Ron Pierce   Email Ron Pierce         Edit/Delete Post 
New Cinemark for Victorville.
http://www.globest.com/news/265_265/orangecounty/133261-1.html

Mike Rivest

- posted April 21, 2005 03:43 AM      Profile for Mike Rivest   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Rivest         Edit/Delete Post 
Paramount Vancouver opening [Smile]

Famous Players: Media Advisory-Opening Of Paramount
Vancouver Delayed Due To Construction

VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(CCNMatthews - April 5, 2005) - Attention
Entertainment and Business Editors

NEW OPENING: FRIDAY, APRIL 22nd, 2005

Please be advised that due to unforeseen delays caused by construction,
the Paramount Vancouver will not open on Friday, April 15th, as
previously announced.

Doors will be open for business on Friday, April 22nd, with the box
office opening at 11:30 am for all moviegoers.

Famous Players regrets any inconvenience

(the Capitol last day is today.)

Jeff Arellano

- posted April 22, 2005 04:07 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, another old 80's style AMC 10 plex bites the dust when they tear down the Victor Valley Mall 10.

Mike Rivest

- posted April 22, 2005 06:12 PM      Profile for Mike Rivest   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Rivest         Edit/Delete Post 
FAMOUS PLAYERS PARAMOUNT VANCOUVER DELAYED [Confused]

FOR: FAMOUS PLAYERS

APRIL 13, 2005 - 12:52 ET

Media Advisory-Famous Players: Opening Of Paramount
Vancouver Delayed

VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(CCNMatthews - April 13, 2005) - Attention
Entertainment and Business Editors

Please be advised that due to construction delays encountered by the
developer of the project, the Paramount Vancouver will not open on
Friday, April 22nd, as previously announced.

A new opening date will be set in the near future.

Famous Players regrets any inconvenience this delay may cause to the
media and to Famous Players' Guests.

-30-

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT:
Famous Players
Nuria Bronfman
Vice President, Corporate Affairs
(416) 969-7053

Daniel Fuentz

- posted April 24, 2005 11:09 AM      Profile for Daniel Fuentz   Email Daniel Fuentz         Edit/Delete Post 
There was an article in yesterday's Fresno Bee saying that Wallace Theaters has been signed to build a new 14 screen theater near the Save Mart Center at Fresno State University. This is in addition to the 16 screen theater planned for Sierra Vista Mall about 5 miles away.

Jeff Arellano

- posted April 24, 2005 04:26 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
Daniel, any news on who is building the Sierra Vista?

Daniel Fuentz

- posted April 25, 2005 12:37 AM      Profile for Daniel Fuentz   Email Daniel Fuentz         Edit/Delete Post 
I have not heard a peep about who is going to operate the new Sierra Vista theater. It is a replacement for an existing 6-screen Regal (UA) built in the late 1980's, but the last thing I read in the paper was mall management was in discussions with "several circuits" about the new construction.

Jeff Arellano

- posted April 25, 2005 04:13 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
well hope its someone different than Regal.

Mike Rivest

- posted April 27, 2005 05:17 PM      Profile for Mike Rivest   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Rivest         Edit/Delete Post 
MEGA-PLEX MARCHE CENTRAL 18
this theatre will open on May 19, 2005 in time for some little film from George Lucus.
it has 4400 seats.

French Language article at http://www.courrierahuntsic.com/php/articleinfo.php?id=13468&SUBCATID=02&ar ticleid=13468&journal=CA [Cool]

also at a employment site at

http://ge.monemploi.com/regions/region06/emploi.html
some info on the other 2 guzzos under construction.

Mike Rivest

- posted May 20, 2005 03:35 PM      Profile for Mike Rivest   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Rivest         Edit/Delete Post 
an grand opening ad for the latest theatre in town

-

In case you have some trouble using bablefish on the above, here is the English version

-

I am always on a lookout for some grand opening announcements for the other theatres on these pages.

more grand opening ads can be found at www.movie-theatre.org/grandopening

Dave Felthous

- posted May 20, 2005 10:40 PM      Profile for Dave Felthous   Email Dave Felthous         Edit/Delete Post 
Thursday's Seattle Times announced that the long-delayed expansion of the aging Northgate Mall, in North Seattle, is back on track after a hassle that's gone on for a dozen years or more. (Neighborhood opposition).

Part of this plan, which is supposed to take three years, is a 16plex at the south end of the existing mall. No vendor has been announced. I hear that more than one vendor is bidding for the project, but since the now-closed Northgate oneplex was a Loews I would guess they have the inside track.

This area is way under-screened. Loews has a 20-year-old sixplex two miles west of Northgate, but otherwise there are no movie theaters east of I-5 between Seattle's University District and the Regal 9plex in Mountlake Terrace, about 10 miles north. Since neither Regal nor Loews has seemed interested in this market, I'm surprised that AMC and Century, which are building new complexes in the Seattle market, haven't stepped in. This area has been way overdue for expansion for a long time.

Jeff Arellano

- posted June 09, 2005 03:17 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
Here is an opening that went under the Radar it seems.

Mann Theatres has re-opened the former UA Oaks 5 theatre in the Oaks Mall in Thousand Oaks, CA (can I use Oaks one more time....i guess i can).

It opened today.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  19  20  21 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.