CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » planned new cinemas (Page 3)

This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  19  20  21 

Author Topic: planned new cinemas
Jeff Arellano

- posted November 12, 2004 05:17 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
The Edwards Corona 18 is located about 5 miles from the older 15 plex in north corona, this is south corona.

|  IP: Logged

Mike Olpin

- posted November 12, 2004 08:48 PM      Profile for Mike Olpin   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Olpin         Edit/Delete Post 
They are keeping all of the original Edwards design exactly as it was because (or so I've heard) the plans had allready been inspected and approved by the city or something like that.

Jeff Arellano

- posted November 26, 2004 08:37 AM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
I went to the Corona 18 opening weekend, and what a nice theatre. You can tell that the theatre used both Regal and Edwards elements, but stayed true to an Edwards. Its also a very simple design, 9 theatres down one hall, 9 down the other. One hall on each side only.

But here is some interesting new theatre news.

Lowe's is going to build a new theatre in the Los Angeles Area. I dont think they have ever built one under their banner(the last one was possibly Universal when it was still Cineplex Odeon). I find it good since Monterey Park has lacked a theatre since Edwards closed the 3-plex here back in 98 or so, and really that was the only theatre around here.

quote:
The primary anchor for the development Loews Theater has entered into a management agreement with the Kam Sang Development Company to show first run movies at the new center which covers 65,000 square feet and will hold 14 screens.
You can see a small pic of what the project is gonna be like here:
http://ci.monterey-park.ca.us/home/index.asp?page=285

Mike Rivest

- posted November 26, 2004 10:59 AM      Profile for Mike Rivest   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Rivest         Edit/Delete Post 
Cine enterprise opened the Cinéma Élysée today in Granby today
this theatre has 8 stadium seating cinemas etc....
website is here at http://www.cinentreprise.com/
yesterday was the last day of Cinéma fleur de lys (5 screens)also owned by cine enterprise

Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

- posted November 27, 2004 11:30 PM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
It sounds like the Corona 18 may look a lot like the Alhambra Renaissance 14 - Alhambra, CA. The Alhambra theatre freaked me out because it was totally "Edwardian" on the outside but you walked in, and there was Edwards carpet, but just about everything else was Regal.

Jeff Arellano

- posted November 28, 2004 08:38 AM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
Ive been to both, the Corona Edwards is a lot nicer on the inside but has some feel of a Regal.

Richard A Stegman Jr

- posted December 02, 2004 07:05 AM      Profile for Richard A Stegman Jr   Email Richard A Stegman Jr         Edit/Delete Post 
From the Regal Crown Club Newsletter:
Signature Riverside Stadium 16
Grand Opening, December 10th (Riverside, CA)

It was originally scheduled to open at the same time as the Edwards Corona Crossing 18 last month.

Ron Pierce

- posted December 02, 2004 07:50 PM      Profile for Ron Pierce   Email Ron Pierce         Edit/Delete Post 
How about that Boise!
No, not the Broncos.
The Idaho Stateman recently announced that two new theatres are planned for Meridian.
Regal plans a 16-screen, 2700 seater Edwards at Eagle and Upstick Roads.
Hallett Cinemas LLC plans an 18-screen, 3358 seater north of Overland Road between Locust Grove and Eagle Roads.
A new cinema in downtown Boise was previously announced.
It all started when the late James Edwards II used to visit Boise on his way to Sun Valley and saw opportunity, away from his usual Orange County/LA kingdom. He opened the Edwards Boise, then in Ammon and finally Nampa.

Chris Utley

- posted December 08, 2004 10:02 PM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
Jeff: Kudos to Loews Cineplex for stepping up to the plate and actually BUILDING something in So Cal. I still say that they need to put their Marina Del Rey Cineplex out of it's misery. That place has definitely lost some luster. And how about uprgrading the sound at Universal 18 to all of the digital sound formats instead of just the very iffy DTS?

Richard: I'm a Regal Crown Club member but I had no idea they had an actual newsletter. Did you have to sign up online to get the letter? If so, post the link please. Thanks!

Jeff Arellano

- posted December 09, 2004 06:10 AM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
Chris - I cant beleive they are actually committing to a project.

Supposedly ground breaking should be next summer, with opening in 2006 the way it looks.

Ive also been to their ex Cineplex Odeon theatres. Marina Del Rey does need to be remodeled or something.

I think Lowes needs to have a bigger presence in LA. LA is home of Pacific, AMC and Regal.

Mike Olpin

- posted December 09, 2004 05:50 PM      Profile for Mike Olpin   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Olpin         Edit/Delete Post 
Chris, you had to put your email on the application when you signed up. (Had you done that, you would have also earned 10 extra points!) There is a little checkbox tha allows you to opt out of third party mailings. Go down o your local REG and ask to speak with a manager. They should be able to add your email address to your account (I think).

Matt DiBuono

- posted January 18, 2005 05:14 PM      Profile for Matt DiBuono   Email Matt DiBuono         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey everyone this is a really kool site for cinema dorks like me, but I really like it. Here is a preview of Regel Entertainment Group new builds and expansions (through 2005) also when the are scheduled to open (subject to change). These are all definetly going up/already under construction. And how they will be branded.

RG--Gallery Place 14 DC--Open
ED--Corona Crossings 18 CA--Open
SG--Riverside Plaza 16 CA--Open
RG--Kendall Village 16 Miami, FL--Febuary
SG--El Dorado Hills 14 El Dorado, CA--April
RG--Rivertone 14 Coeur D'Alene, ID--May
RG--Louisiana Riverwalk 14, Bossier LA--May
RG--Martin Village 16 WA--June
Rg--Bridgeport Village 18 OR--June
RG--Pinnacle 18 Knoxville, TN--Summer
ED--Downtown 9 Boise, ID--November
RG--Lancaster 16 OR--November
RG--Everett Mall 16--December
RG--Gulf Coast 16 FL
RG--The Loop 16 FL
UA--Atlantic Station 16 GA
RG--American Mall 12 OH
RG--Salsbery 16 MD
RG--Southland Mall 16 Miami, FL
RG--Pyramid Mall 14 NY
UA--Grand Junction 14 CO
UA--Santa Fe 14 NM

Expansions:
Westlake 11-->16, OH
Ceritos 10-->16, CA
Hyland Plaza 5-->9, NY

The ones with out dates are yet to be determined, but probally not before 2006.

Hope this helps

Jeff Arellano

- posted February 01, 2005 04:13 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
I was talking to a friend of mine at AMC.

They are planning 5 new theatres in Southern California in 2005 and 2006:
- Century City 15 (replace Century 14)
- Riverside 16 (will be located in Tyler Mall somewhere)
- Carlsbad (I think a 16, this should take care of Weigand / Encinitas 8)
- She told me Santee area. I dont know where,
- Del Amo 16 in torrance.

Mike Rivest

- posted February 01, 2005 05:56 PM      Profile for Mike Rivest   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Rivest         Edit/Delete Post 
Digging around the net, 3 more in Ontario

TORONTO (CP) - Cineplex Galaxy LP plans to build three more multi-screen theatres in Ontario, in addition to two others slated for construction in 2005 and 2006, the limited partnership announced Friday.

Cineplex Galaxy LP, which currently operates 86 theatres in six provinces, said it will build new theatres in Aurora, Burlington and Ottawa. They are in addition to two previously announced projects in Brockville, Ont. and Brossard, Que. The 10-screen theatre to be built in Aurora, Ont., is being developed with Morguard REIT and scheduled to open this fall.

Meanwhile, Trinity Developments is co-developing a seven-screen theatre in the Ottawa suburb of Barrhaven due to open in the fall while a 12-screen complex, being developed with Riocan, will open in the spring of 2006.

Richard A Stegman Jr

- posted February 01, 2005 06:57 PM      Profile for Richard A Stegman Jr   Email Richard A Stegman Jr         Edit/Delete Post 
about damn time someone mentioned Tyler Galleria/Tyler Mall in Riverside. Cool.

I keep hearing that Fontana,Ca is trying to build a new theatre to compete with the existing Ultrastar 8 by the 10 freeway.

And that Arizona's Harkins Theatres is trying to enter SoCal.

Any info?

All times are Central
This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  19  20  21 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.