CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » planned new cinemas (Page 20)

This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21 

Author Topic: planned new cinemas
Christopher Crouch

- posted August 16, 2010 11:00 PM      Profile for Christopher Crouch   Email Christopher Crouch         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Isn't that opening only in November? Its nowhere at the Starplex website
It's on there. If you click on locations, instead of using the drop down menu, you'll see it at the bottom (it really should be listed in a more prominent fashion).

|  IP: Logged

Jeff Arellano

- posted August 21, 2010 09:39 AM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
IT FINALLY IS OPENING FRIDAY! The last LOEWS ever designed and built:

http://www.amcentertainment.com/atlantic/

-

David Pulido

- posted August 24, 2010 01:11 AM      Profile for David Pulido   Email David Pulido         Edit/Delete Post 
Starplex Cinemas has put a more prominent ad on their website for the opening of the Lake Worth Movies 14.

http://www.starplexcinemas.com/index.php

Danny Baldwin

- posted August 26, 2010 02:48 PM      Profile for Danny Baldwin   Author's Homepage   Email Danny Baldwin         Edit/Delete Post 
Lots of free movies at the Atlantic Times Square tonight... Letters to Juliet, Iron Man 2, Get Him to the Greek, The Karate Kid, etc... go to Gofobo.com and search Monterey Park, CA for passes.

Jeff Arellano

- posted August 26, 2010 05:35 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
Opening weekend features for ATS14:

Charlie St. Cloud
Cyrus
Flipped
Get Low
Grown Ups
Into the Fire
Step Up 3D
Takers
The Kids Are All Right
The Last Exorcism

Mark Campbell

- posted August 26, 2010 05:38 PM      Profile for Mark Campbell   Email Mark Campbell         Edit/Delete Post 
What theatre is ATS's direct competition?

Jeff Arellano

- posted August 26, 2010 05:49 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
Edwards Atlantic Palace 10
Edwards Alhambra Place 14 with IMAX
AMC Montebello 10. All are within a 3 mile radius.

Edit: Atlantic Palace is rumored to close by the end of the year.

Mark Campbell

- posted August 26, 2010 06:04 PM      Profile for Mark Campbell   Email Mark Campbell         Edit/Delete Post 
So anything at this new theatre will not play at the other 3?

Jeff Arellano

- posted August 26, 2010 08:49 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
None of those films are showing in Alhambra..

Danny Baldwin

- posted August 27, 2010 10:08 PM      Profile for Danny Baldwin   Author's Homepage   Email Danny Baldwin         Edit/Delete Post 
If they continue to have opposite bookings with the Alhambras, then they could end up with quite a few indies, which I can't see doing well at all in this area. How many people will show up for CYRUS or GET LOW this weekend? I'd love to take a peak in those auditoriums.

Danny Baldwin

- posted August 31, 2010 02:50 PM      Profile for Danny Baldwin   Author's Homepage   Email Danny Baldwin         Edit/Delete Post 
Alhambra will once again not get any new movies this week. Think it's just that AMC is getting priority until they're fully booked with new mainstream stuff, or do you think Regal will continue to be shut out for non-IMAX stuff? They just recently upgraded the Renaissance to all-digital, so one can presume they expect to still get top-notch stuff. Meanwhile, even though the Atlantic is due to close soon, they really should switch it over to second-run pricing -- seems ludicrous right now.

(And yes, I realize we probably should start an Atlantic Times Square 14 thread if this conversation continues.)

Jeff Arellano

- posted September 21, 2010 10:14 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
Matthew and I went to ATS yesterday. Love the Loews look and the Loews carpets! I submitted pics yesterday to Adam to post. It has a tiny lobby though.

David Au

- posted September 25, 2010 04:38 PM      Profile for David Au   Email David Au         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the photos. The theater looks nice. The carpeting was designed by AMC and appeared in AMC theaters long before AMC bought Loews. It was a coincidence that Loews also used a spotlight pattern in their logo.

Loews carpeting featured a pattern like what the Metreon used to use:
http://www.cinematour.com/picview.php?db=us&id=3383

The Metreon was recarpeted with AMC carpet after these photos were taken.

However, the spotlight logos on the outside of the building might be a Loews design. AMC Castleton Square in Indianapolis also features spotlight logos in the lobby, but those are different than the Loews spotlights. Also the AMC in Indianapolis was a pure AMC design and has no Loews influence.

I also noticed that AMC is not using flat panel televisions for their menu boards anymore. Maybe they realized that it cost too much.

David Pulido

- posted September 26, 2010 01:12 AM      Profile for David Pulido   Email David Pulido         Edit/Delete Post 
The new Starplex Lake Worth Stadium 14 has a VIP opening Thursday October 7th followed by a Grand Opening October 15th. The theater is located in Lake Worth, Texas.

Scott Clayton

- posted December 30, 2010 11:50 AM      Profile for Scott Clayton           Edit/Delete Post 
Im wondering if Minnesota is going to open any new theatres in some communities that dont have one already? The newest one that just open within a year was the Showplace 14 ICON theatre at the shops west end in St Louis Park, Minnesota. Some citys that I think that could support a new theatre:

Cottage Grove
Savage
St Paul

Northfield: I thought Northfield was going to build a newer theater after they closed the cinema III.

Ridgedale: Ridgedale Shopping Center. Could build a new megaplex.

Id like to see maybe Century Theatres make a move up to Minnesota and expand into some citys that dont have theatres yet.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.