CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » planned new cinemas (Page 2)

This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  19  20  21 

Author Topic: planned new cinemas
Kyle Muldrow

- posted April 22, 2004 07:55 PM      Profile for Kyle Muldrow   Author's Homepage   Email Kyle Muldrow         Edit/Delete Post 
So Krikorian is going to put a new place up in Pico Rivera...is that at that new shopping center on Washington Blvd? If so, I used to work there...when it was a Northrop facility. I was a software engineer there for five years before leaving for another job in 1996. The Northrop complex was torn down about 4-5 years later and the new shopping center went up. Are they gonna have room for a theater in there???

Speaking of Krikorian, I went to their theater in Buena Park last week. They seem to be going for the "movie palace" look in the lobby with "modern" screening rooms. The chandeliers hanging from the very high lobby ceiling were pretty impressive and the fake columns were a nice touch. It's actually a pretty simple set-up in there. Big concession stand right in the middle back area of the lobby, then 9 screens directly to your left, 9 more directly to your right. Not a lot of corridors to wander through to find where your movie is. I saw "Connie & Carla" there...the "snuggle seats" were OK, and the sound was all right...overall, I'd say OK.

Being a St. Louis native, it's interesting AMC is putting up a 14 screener in Chesterfield Mall (I know, it's Westfield, but old habits die hard, ya know?). Wehrenberg is putting up a 14-screener of their own just off Hwy 40 in Chesterfield Valley. Not only will this mean GCC's old 4-screener may be coming down, it makes one wonder what will become of Wehrenberg's Clarkson 6 Cine...will it be shuttered or stay up and be a discount house? Stay tuned...

|  IP: Logged

Jeff Arellano

- posted April 23, 2004 05:52 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
No, not on washington, Where the old Fiesta DI used to be off Paramount and Whittier. Across the street from the Plaza. There have been signs there but no activity.

Kyle Muldrow

- posted April 24, 2004 12:45 PM      Profile for Kyle Muldrow   Author's Homepage   Email Kyle Muldrow         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, OK...ya know, it's too bad the Fiesta Drive-In was torn down. Of course, I'm always sad to see a drive-in torn down, but it seems that place was still doing a good business when it was closed. Has anything been done with that property since the drive-in left? Anyway, here's hoping Krikorian can make a go of it, but I'd still rather have the drive-in back...

Jeff Arellano

- posted April 25, 2004 07:39 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
Its an Industrial park now. The old Fiesta was still busy till the end, now the only remaining DI in operation in LA County is the Vineland in Baldwin Park

Richard A Stegman Jr

- posted May 22, 2004 09:29 AM      Profile for Richard A Stegman Jr   Email Richard A Stegman Jr         Edit/Delete Post 
The AMC website has listed the Victoria Gardens multiplex as a 12 screener.

Does this mean that the old Edwards 6 on the corner of Haven Ave. & Foothill Blvd. is being torn down?

Also,has anyone heard the rumors of a multiplex coming to the Downtown Fontana area to compete with the Ultrastar on Valley Blvd off the I-10 freeway at Sierra Ave.?
What about an expansion of the existing 8 screener?

Chris Utley

- posted May 22, 2004 02:38 PM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
Correction Jeff...

The Vineland's in City of Industry, not Baldwin Park.

Jeff Arellano

- posted May 23, 2004 08:49 AM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
I was talking to a friend who works for AMC last night and they said that Victoria was changed to a 12.

Also, that AMC is doing a major expansion next fiscal year. In southern California they are looking and considering property in Riverside.

Mike Rivest

- posted May 23, 2004 09:55 AM      Profile for Mike Rivest   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Rivest         Edit/Delete Post 
According to this ad
 -
This theatre should open soon at L'acadie and The Met.
also Guzzo plans a Gigantus 20 in Laval.

Jason Balch

- posted June 04, 2004 03:35 PM      Profile for Jason Balch   Email Jason Balch         Edit/Delete Post 
Century Theatres is planning a 20 screener to open in Fall 2005 at Bradshaw in Sacramento.

Of course this means that the Drive-in that sits there now, the Sacramento 6, will have to come down to make room for it. [Frown]

Mike Rivest

- posted June 18, 2004 05:21 PM      Profile for Mike Rivest   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Rivest         Edit/Delete Post 
Dollar Cinemas Opens at Decor Decarie mall in Montreal, I upload the newspaper article at http://movie-theatre.org/canada/qc/montreal/pics/mtldollarcinemaarticle.gif

Decor Decarie
Opened 1977 closed 1998
This theatre has intermittly shown Hindi and Tamel films 2000-2002 according to this WEBSITE., in June 2004, this theatre reopened as Dollar Cinema
This theatre was owned by Odeon (UK) in 1978 it became part of the Canadian Odeon circuit, which was bought by Cineplex Odeon in 1984, this theatre show movies in English except in 2000-2002

Ken Layton

- posted October 29, 2004 10:21 PM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton         Edit/Delete Post 
Regal Cinemas starts construction on the Martin Village 16, 5400 Martin Way East, Lacey, Wash. around November 1st, 2004 for a target opening date of summer 2005. This is a remodel of the former Home Base building.

Ken Layton

- posted October 30, 2004 11:26 PM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton         Edit/Delete Post 
Just confirmed and it's in today's newspaper (The Daily Olympian) that the Groundbreaking ceremonies for the Regal Martin Village 16 will take place Monday morning November 2, 2004 in Lacey, Wash.

Richard A Stegman Jr

- posted November 10, 2004 11:24 AM      Profile for Richard A Stegman Jr   Email Richard A Stegman Jr         Edit/Delete Post 
According to thier newsletter,Regal is still planning to open up thier California locales in Corona(which,i believe,is just an expansion of thier current site there) and Riverside in the next month and a half.

I'll believe it when i see it.

Mike Olpin

- posted November 11, 2004 05:59 PM      Profile for Mike Olpin   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Olpin         Edit/Delete Post 
The new Regal/Edwards Corona 18 will (or has) opened as a seperate complex to the Regal/Edwards Big Corona 15. the new complex was originally designed by Edwards, and then put on hold because of the bankruptcy.

Ron Pierce

- posted November 12, 2004 12:00 PM      Profile for Ron Pierce   Email Ron Pierce         Edit/Delete Post 
The Edwards Corona Crossing Stadium 18 will open on Friday, November 19, 2004. I'm glad they're keeping the Edwards name.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  19  20  21 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.