CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » planned new cinemas (Page 19)

This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21 

Author Topic: planned new cinemas
Matthew Lok

- posted May 08, 2010 05:05 PM      Profile for Matthew Lok   Email Matthew Lok         Edit/Delete Post 
Scott, That would be heaven! if AMC brought Fork & Screen to Santa Monica. Even though I never been to a fancy reclining chair theater like the Gold Class Cinemas Pasadena, I would like to have a big American theater company (AMC!) have their representation in Los Angeles.

|  IP: Logged

Jeff Arellano

- posted June 01, 2010 04:46 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
Rumor has it AMC is bringing a Fork and Screen to Los Angeles, just not in Santa Monica but close......

Also, the Atlantic Times Square opened this past weekend (the CENTER not the THEATER!), I may drop by to see the progress.

Mike Rivest

- posted June 02, 2010 05:57 PM      Profile for Mike Rivest   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Rivest         Edit/Delete Post 
Here in Montréal, the home of hockey , The Ex Centris will reopen and expanded to five screens for French-Language arthouse fare according to La Presse (with help from the overtaxed Quebec Taxpayers)
http://moncinema.cyberpresse.ca/nouvelles-et-critiques/nouvelles/nouvelle-cinema/11781-projet-a-letude-le-cinema-parallele-de-retour-a-excentris.html

Jeff Arellano

- posted June 06, 2010 11:38 AM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
Drove by Atlantic Times Square. Theater is nearing completion, but still a lil work to go. Here is the lobby doors / main entry:

-

Jeff Arellano

- posted July 16, 2010 04:17 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
The AMC Atlantic Times Square will open in August... after the entire summer movie season is over. Therefore its first big film wont be till Harry Potter.

Matthew Lok

- posted July 25, 2010 04:41 PM      Profile for Matthew Lok   Email Matthew Lok         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry Jeff and everybody for being absent from this ubelievable forum for so long.

JEFF: Thanks for the great info about the Monterey Park, CA AMC. Do you happen to know what part of August its scheduled to open? Thanks.

Jeff Arellano

- posted July 25, 2010 09:34 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
Matthew not sure but I'm guessing by Labor Day weekend.

Also the fences are gone from the front doors so now you can look into the lobby. I drove by yesterday. I may stop by with the big camera and see if I can snap some pics.

From a few interior shots I saw on the monterey park city youtube there are stairs in the hallway meaning the lobby is at a lower elevation than the hallway theaters. Then again it may not who knows.

Matthew Lok

- posted July 28, 2010 03:08 PM      Profile for Matthew Lok   Email Matthew Lok         Edit/Delete Post 
^^ Thank-you Jeff for your reply and for all the pics you provide to this forum. : )

Matthew Lok

- posted August 10, 2010 04:26 PM      Profile for Matthew Lok   Email Matthew Lok         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope I'm posting in the correct thread.

JEFF,

You don't think that they will ever close AMC Montebello 10 (AMC Monte), right? The reason why I ask is I hope I they do not. So the rude (teen) people that go there they TALK during the movie, will stay at Montebello and not migrate over to AMC Monterey Park when it opens.

One time I read some where that teens at Monte walk in and out of the auditoriums during the movie. I noticed that too.

I rather take my chance at AMC Monte with annoying people, than go to Krikiorian Pico Riviera with the horrible seats.

AMC SANTA ANITA 16 (AMC SA 16)

I use too be slighty annoyed with AMC SA 16 with the young [Asian, I'M asian] teens trying to act older than they are.

AMC SA 16 Side Note:

When I went to see Ratatouille there, there was a caucausian teen standing on the seat doing shadow puppets during the credits. How disrespectful.

PS

I saw "Grown Ups" yesterday at AMC Montebello and some rude teen girls would NOT shut-up.

Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

- posted August 11, 2010 08:49 AM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
Teenagers ruin everything. I remember being irritating as a teenager, but once the movie started I'd shut the hell up.

Matthew Lok

- posted August 12, 2010 11:06 AM      Profile for Matthew Lok   Email Matthew Lok         Edit/Delete Post 
^^ At least you have manners Scott.

AMC ATS 14 Monterey Park, CA

I know, there's more to theaters than an AMC, lol. I just got a call back (very neat option), from a customer service rep saying this theater is scheduled to be opened
Saturday August 27 (2010). I'm so! there on opening day. I will [Big Grin] find a movie to watch even if I watch Ramona & Bezzus (& maybe Charlie St Cloud), before than.

Jeff Arellano

- posted August 12, 2010 01:29 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
Friday, August 27th.

I think the main reason why this theater is getting all this attention is that it is THE LAST EVER LOEWS DESIGNED THEATER EVER more than 4 years after AMC purchased Loews.

Drove by it today, still has a lot of fencing and stuff around it. Im sure it will be done by then. Its already 3 months behind schedule!

Matthew Lok

- posted August 12, 2010 08:22 PM      Profile for Matthew Lok   Email Matthew Lok         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm, interesting about this being the last Lowes designed theater (after AMC purchase Lowes).

Jeff, I can't wait to mee to you in person. Still on my word first movie on me at AMC ATS 14 (or any other theater). I hope your job quest with AMC goes well. Talk to you soon.

David Pulido

- posted August 16, 2010 02:27 PM      Profile for David Pulido   Email David Pulido         Edit/Delete Post 
Starplex Cinemas newest location opens up in Lake Worth, Texas. 14-screen All Digital presentation auditoriums ranging from 80-400 seats. The theater will less than 2 miles from the Star Village theater and will challenge Regal's Fossil Creek 11 location 8 miles away.

Mike Rivest

- posted August 16, 2010 04:29 PM      Profile for Mike Rivest   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Rivest         Edit/Delete Post 
Isn't that opening only in November? Its nowhere at the Starplex website. [bow down]

All times are Central
This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.