CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » planned new cinemas (Page 17)

This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21 

Author Topic: planned new cinemas
Richard A Stegman Jr

- posted September 23, 2009 09:57 PM      Profile for Richard A Stegman Jr   Email Richard A Stegman Jr         Edit/Delete Post 
Which lot(s)with disabled parking are nearest/most accessible to the theatre?

I couldn't tell on the parking lot map on the website

|  IP: Logged

Mike Rivest

- posted November 03, 2009 03:54 PM      Profile for Mike Rivest   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Rivest         Edit/Delete Post 
Here in Montreal, Le Cinémas Guzzo is planning an major expansion and entering the Ottawa-Gatineau and Quebec City markets.
http://pouliot.argent.canoe.ca/2009/10/14/six_a_huit_nouveaux_cinemas_guzzo_prepar
If your French is not that good,
http://translate.google.com/translate?prev=hp&hl=en&js=y&u=http://pouliot.argent.canoe.ca/2009/10/14/six_a_huit_nouveaux_cinemas_guzzo_prepar&sl=fr&tl=en&history_state0=&swap=1

Old Guzzos:
Langelier 6
Paradis 3
Ste Therese 8

New theatres: (my guess)
One in Blainville (to replace the Ste Therese)
One around Delson-Candiac (has an aging cineplex)
One in St. Leonard or elsewhere in the east island of Montreal to replace two older cinemas there.
One in Place Ste Foy or Place Laurier in Quebec City
One in Gatineau.

There is no mention of Guzzo entering the underscreened markets of Trois Rivieres and Saguenay

Mike Rivest

- posted November 20, 2009 03:33 PM      Profile for Mike Rivest   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Rivest         Edit/Delete Post 
Changes in Montreal: Cinema St. Basile http://www.cinematour.com/tour/ca/1500.html has been renamed CinéStarz. This is their third cinema in this small chain, which has one in Gatineau (Ottawa) and Mississauga (Toronto).
Cinemas Guzzo Paradis has closed, since it has been removed from the Guzzo website.

Rich Charles

- posted January 07, 2010 11:51 AM      Profile for Rich Charles   Email Rich Charles         Edit/Delete Post 
I see it has been posted on regmovies.com, a new theatre in the Boise, ID area. It is an 18 screen plex in nampa, seems to be less than 5 miles from their other theatre in the area... seems a bit much.

Mark Lensenmayer

- posted February 25, 2010 08:28 AM      Profile for Mark Lensenmayer   Email Mark Lensenmayer         Edit/Delete Post 
RAVE announced it will build a new theatre in Grove City Ohio. Grove City is located south of Columbus. Closest theatre is a 16-screen Regal. No timeline has been given yet.

RAVE has a 16 screen theatre at the far north end of the Columbus metro area.

Matthew Lok

- posted April 20, 2010 12:08 PM      Profile for Matthew Lok   Email Matthew Lok         Edit/Delete Post 
AMC Theatres Atlantic Times Square 14 Monterey Park, CA

According to the builder, the theater now is suppose to open on
May 15th (2010).

John J. Fink

- posted April 20, 2010 10:52 PM      Profile for John J. Fink   Author's Homepage   Email John J. Fink         Edit/Delete Post 
The last Loews Cineplex designed site AMC has developed (?) - we need pics of this place. We had two in NJ - Rockaway which had a lot of Loews features and Garden State which has better (AMC style) seating. Then again Rockaway has a lot in common with some Cineplex Odeon sites I've seen in Canada (The Cineplex Queensway is the first one that comes to mind).

Jeff Arellano

- posted April 21, 2010 10:12 AM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
The exterior is currently almost finished. I had snapped some pics a while back. I'll see what I can do once the scaffolding comes down, I live in Monterey Park/Monetbello.

This is definitely not your typical AMC when it comes to how the theatres are placed! Somewhere on this site I had uploaded the theatre plan....

The final Loews designed AMC. I wonder if one of the 3 large cinemas will be fitted with IMAX when it opens.....would be a good way to draw crowds from the Renissance IMAX.

EDIT: From May 23, 2006, the site plan. It followed this exactly btw:

Here is a look at the future AMC-Loews Monterey Park 14. I couldnt read the size of the theatres.

-  -

Loews has one large concession stand there, and a coffee/ice cream bar which im sure AMC will scrap. Very linear in design for the complex.

David Au

- posted April 21, 2010 04:29 PM      Profile for David Au   Email David Au         Edit/Delete Post 
AMC got a new CEO last year who came from Starbucks. He was in charge of the Seattle's Best Coffee division of Starbucks. AMC has added Seattle's Best Coffee drinks to the menu at many of their theaters. You've got espresso as well as blended ice drinks. Those drinks are very popular and make a lot of money. Century Theatres has served Starbucks drinks for many years and they are still very popular.

I do see the similarities between Cineplex Queensway and some of the last few new Loews designs. This type of design featured very grand theaters with gigantic poster spots on the outside of the theaters. Cineplex is alive and well in Canada. I believe they are still building theaters in that style. Cineplex brought a little bit of Canada to the U.S. When you walked into a Cineplex Odeon in the U.S. everything was very Canadian style. They even labeled the bathrooms as Washrooms using Canadian English terms. Today Cineplex offers a huge variety of food and drinks that you can't find in the U.S. theaters. They have coffee cafes, fast food chains, and frozen yogurt cafes in most of their theaters.

Matthew Lok

- posted April 25, 2010 10:51 AM      Profile for Matthew Lok   Email Matthew Lok         Edit/Delete Post 
JEFF AND OTHERS:

When I contacted AMC some time ago the construction team told me there will be NO IMAX (real one or fake one), at all at this location.

Does any of you guys know if AMC has a little ceremony at the location of the theater, when they open a new one? Thanks.

JEFF:

Maybe we can meet-up when the AMC MP 14 opens. I'm going to be there opening day. Thanks for the pic scans again.

Matthew Lok

- posted April 26, 2010 10:43 AM      Profile for Matthew Lok   Email Matthew Lok         Edit/Delete Post 
AMC 14 ATS Monterey Park, CA:

Here is what Mr. Brian Dowling (Redevelopment project manager) had to say when I asked about the IMAX there.

"They do not have IMAX but they do have an IMAX-type technology. IMAX is a trademarked name so they don’t use it but they will have a theater in the 14 theater complex that will have the IMAX type facilities though by a different vendor."

Jeff Arellano

- posted April 28, 2010 10:03 AM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
I drove by the site last night, there is no way this theatre will be done by May 15th. Doors are not on yet, inside you can see they have walls done and such, but not even painted yet. With last nights rain, I'd say more like June for opening.

Chris Utley

- posted April 28, 2010 10:18 AM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Here is what Mr. Brian Dowling (Redevelopment project manager) had to say when I asked about the IMAX there.

"They do not have IMAX but they do have an IMAX-type technology. IMAX is a trademarked name so they don’t use it but they will have a theater in the 14 theater complex that will have the IMAX type facilities though by a different vendor."

That would be AMC's new ETX (Enhanced Theatre Experience) concept that's installed in their Burbank & Century City locations.

Jeff Arellano

- posted April 28, 2010 03:00 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.ci.monterey-park.ca.us/index.aspx?page=1403

On the Monterey Park website they do have some pictures from inside the theatre.

Matthew Lok

- posted April 28, 2010 04:52 PM      Profile for Matthew Lok   Email Matthew Lok         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Jeff and Chris:

Jeff: Thank-you again for taking time to do stuff like taking time to stop by the site. As close I live I have not been by yet. I just seen it off the 10 Freeway. Man, that makes me sad to here that you don't think they will be finished by May 15. It seems like the date keeps getting pushed back further and further. Maybe GM Jennifer at AMC Montebello was right. Last she heard was END of May.

Sorry for the dumb question. Do they have June movie posters up inside the Lobby yet?

Chris:

Thanks for telling me about ETX. I always like to learn about new cinema stuff. I wiki'ed (I know not always reliable), but nothing came back. I can't wait to expereince it. Apparently the AMC PI 24 Downtown Disney Orlando is the first to use this technology.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.