CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » planned new cinemas (Page 13)

This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  19  20  21 

Author Topic: planned new cinemas
Mark Richey

- posted January 09, 2007 11:20 PM      Profile for Mark Richey   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Richey         Edit/Delete Post 
Looking at the ad for the theater in Quebec, I'm curious as to what some of those titles translate into in English. That French title for the dancing penguin movie sure looks like it doesn't translate exactly into "Happy Feet".

|  IP: Logged

Mike Rivest

- posted January 10, 2007 03:57 PM      Profile for Mike Rivest   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Rivest         Edit/Delete Post 
Often there are an seperate Quebecois French version for Quebec (Dubbed in Montreal) and an seperate French version for France. That is why there are 2 French Versions of the same movie.

Paul Bubny

- posted February 05, 2007 12:45 PM      Profile for Paul Bubny   Email Paul Bubny         Edit/Delete Post 
On the New Jersey front, I see that AMC has listed the Garden State 16 (i.e. the 16-screener that Loews had wanted to build at Garden State Plaza shopping center in Paramus) for a Spring '07 opening. Interestingly, they have also listed a 12-plex for Linden, NJ, also to open in the spring. I assume they took that over from Muvico, which had announced a Linden location a few years ago but now only mentions the Rosemont (IL) and Xanadu (NJ) complexes on its Website. A few questions come to mind: Will these theatres be AMC-style designs or reflect the projects' former "parents" (Loews in the case of Paramus, Muvico in the case of Linden)? Will the Linden site end up drawing business away from two nearby AMC Loews complexes (the Jersey Gardens 20 in Elizabeth and the Mountainside 10 in Mountainside)? And finally, does the advent of the Garden State 16 mean the end for the old Route 4 tenplex about 2 miles away? I assume so; normally I would say they might keep Route 4 open as a second-run location, but there don't seem to BE any second-run houses in the AMC chain.

Jeff Arellano

- posted March 02, 2007 01:48 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
Three years ago, Kyle posted this (see page 2, dated 4/22/04):
quote:
So Krikorian is going to put a new place up in Pico Rivera...is that at that new shopping center on Washington Blvd? If so, I used to work there...when it was a Northrop facility. I was a software engineer there for five years before leaving for another job in 1996. The Northrop complex was torn down about 4-5 years later and the new shopping center went up. Are they gonna have room for a theater in there???
WELL GUESS WHAT, CONSTRUCTION HAS FINALLY BEGUN ON THIS THEATRE
In about a month, the theatre has gone from ground to at least exterior walls. it looks awfully small.

Christopher Crouch

- posted March 16, 2007 03:39 AM      Profile for Christopher Crouch   Email Christopher Crouch         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
In about a month, the theatre has gone from ground to at least exterior walls. it looks awfully small.
Last I heard, it was supposed to be 75,000 square feet; that would make it roughly the size of their Vista location. The preliminary artist renderings had it looking like another scaled down Buena Park (again, similar to Vista), but that was about three years ago, so who knows how the final plans ended up. They list the Pico Rivera theatre as having a "sky lobby" (i.e. the large useless lobby balcony that they tagged "sky bar" elsewhere); appears they've finally given up on the bar concept. Ay least the Pico Rivera managers won't have to excuse the mislabeling and throw out endless "comming soon" explainations to customers.

Chris Utley

- posted March 29, 2007 12:30 PM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
The Orange County Register reports that a new theatre will open in May in Orange County. And...it's a DRIVE-IN THEATRE! Hell hath officially frozen over!

Head on over to the "Cinemas In The News" thread for details.

Mike Rivest

- posted April 17, 2007 05:07 PM      Profile for Mike Rivest   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Rivest         Edit/Delete Post 
Phoenix AZ area:

Harkins opened an 16-screen cinema in Gilbert called SanTan Village 16

Ad is here
 -

David Au

- posted April 17, 2007 06:25 PM      Profile for David Au   Email David Au         Edit/Delete Post 
Cinemark is opening a new Century Theatre in Reno, Nevada on May 4.

I am wondering if this one will look like a Century Theatre or a Cinemark.

http://www.cinemark.com/newtheatres.asp

Mike Rivest

- posted April 18, 2007 05:46 PM      Profile for Mike Rivest   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Rivest         Edit/Delete Post 
Ad is here.
 -

Richard A Stegman Jr

- posted June 14, 2007 10:50 AM      Profile for Richard A Stegman Jr   Email Richard A Stegman Jr         Edit/Delete Post 
Found this at Regal's website:
Grand Openings and Expansions

Grand Openings
June 29, 2007
Deerfield Towne Center Stadium 16
Mason, OH

Coming Soon
Southpark Mall Stadium 16-Colonial Heights,VA

Pyramid Mall Stadium 14-Ithaca,NY

Riviera Stadium 8-Knoxville,TN

Fiesta Henderson Stadium 12-Henderson,NV

Galleria Mall Stadium 14-Poughkeepsie,NY

Eastvale Gateway Stadium 14-Riverside,CA

Streets of Indian Lake Stadium
16-Hendersonville,TN

Colonie Center Stadium 13-Albany,NY

Continental Stadium 10-Denver,CO

Check back periodically for more updates.

Mike Rivest

- posted September 23, 2007 12:14 PM      Profile for Mike Rivest   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Rivest         Edit/Delete Post 
An new one in the montreal area:
http://www.cinemabeloeil.com/
it means trouble for this theatre in St. Basile.
http://www.cinematour.com/tour/ca/1500.html

Jeff Arellano

- posted September 27, 2007 12:10 AM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
My friend in AMC says that AMC is doing agressive expansion.

They are planning a new theatre around the Beverly Connection and are going to start a new theatre in Walnut, CA (about 5 exits from Puente Hills 20), located off Valley/Grand.

Also, they are looking at converting some of the mega's by closing several theatres and converting them to Cinegrill type theatres.

Chris Utley

- posted September 27, 2007 08:23 AM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
I guess they're aiming to compete against the (HIGHLY OVERRATED!!!) Pacific @ The Grove. Heh..they'd be better off negotiating with the owners of Beverly Center and doing a new build over there. The old Beverly Center theatre needs to be put out of its misery!

As far as the Cinegrill concept goes, that just might work at all their 4 & 6 plexes that they've been hanging on to - mainly Avco Center & the Loews Broadway 4 in Santa Monica.

Mike Rivest

- posted October 21, 2007 06:54 PM      Profile for Mike Rivest   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Rivest         Edit/Delete Post 
MJR opened the Partridge Creek 14 this weekend in detroit.
Picture http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=1682024872&size=o

Eric Gieszl

- posted October 25, 2007 09:45 PM      Profile for Eric Gieszl           Edit/Delete Post 
The 20+ screen AMC complexes are clearly struggling with having too many screens. I've heard that in some of the 30 screen locations they will often not use all of the auditoriums during the week or several of them will only be utilized for two to three shows in a day instead of the typical four to five shows. The food & beverage concept would not work in their 4 - 6 screen locations. Space is the issue. There is no room to create a bar and build a kitchen to accomodate food.

I believe the concept that AMC may be toying with is the one like The Bridge Cinema de Lux and Archlight to some extent. Remove one or two auditoriums and create a bar and restaurant. Serve food and drinks in a few auditorium. I can say from first hand experience that the concept is harder to execute than some would imagine.

12 Lounge at The Bridge Cinema de Lux got its name since it was to have been theatre 12 until National Amusements came into the picture after Edwards filed for bankruptcy.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  19  20  21 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.