CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » planned new cinemas (Page 10)

This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  19  20  21 

Author Topic: planned new cinemas
Jeff Arellano

- posted September 20, 2006 03:56 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
The center does, but is literally on the edge of Chula Vista's east side, not even close to an interstate (even though it will be on SR 125 when it opens).

Still, 3 AMC's within a 5 mile radius of the Regal 16:
AMC Otay 12
AMC Plaza Bonita 14
AMC Palm Promenade 24

|  IP: Logged

Mike Rivest

- posted September 22, 2006 05:15 PM      Profile for Mike Rivest   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Rivest         Edit/Delete Post 
THE AMC DEL AMO 18 in Torrence CA

-

[Smile] its now open

Jeff Arellano

- posted September 22, 2006 05:46 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
Mind you the AMC Del Amo 18 is just north of the AMC Rolling Hills 20, and south of the AMC Galleria 16 (on the same street as the Del Amo).

Chris Utley

- posted September 23, 2006 04:33 PM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
That's a virtual monopoly, isn't it?

Maybe AMC will sell the Galleria to Regal. That theatre seems more Regal-ish to me anyway.

Jeff Arellano

- posted September 25, 2006 06:16 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
No, there are other chains around....I think.

Chris Utley

- posted September 25, 2006 09:33 PM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
The only other chains in the South Bay is a Krikorian in San Pedro, 2 Pacific's (right around the corner from each other) in El Segundo/Manhattan Beach, and a Regal that's practically around the corner from the AMC Rolling Hills.

I lived in LA proper for 18 years and still remember the diversity in chains in the South Bay. UA & Mann both at Del Amo (I miss that Mann! It was the first all THX plex I regularly went to) and General Cinema at the Galleria in 3 different buildings, of course. With AMC now holding 3 prime spots in the South Bay, it may not be a monopoly, but it's darn close!

Mike Rivest

- posted September 29, 2006 03:47 PM      Profile for Mike Rivest   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Rivest         Edit/Delete Post 
Century San Francisco Centre 9 opened today
 -

Jeff Arellano

- posted September 29, 2006 03:57 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
I heard this is more of an Artplex than something to try to compete with the Metreon (a block away).

David Au

- posted October 01, 2006 03:28 PM      Profile for David Au   Email David Au         Edit/Delete Post 
I went to the new Century Theatres San Francisco Centre on Friday.

The Theater is on the top level above Bloomingdale's. The decor was very nice and upscale. The lobby is large and has a Cinema Cafe. The 9 auditoriums are large sized. There is stadium seating with comfortable black faux leather seats. They look really sharp. The sound and picture quality are excellent.

They didn't show any slideshow ads. There were only trailers. The movie selection is mostly art/foreign films and a couple of mainstream films. Sixteen oz. Popcorn and 16 oz. sodas were 50 cents. Arcade games were free.

It is much more luxurious than the Metreon.

[ October 09, 2006, 07:19 PM: Message edited by: David Au ]

Mike Rivest

- posted October 09, 2006 02:15 PM      Profile for Mike Rivest   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Rivest         Edit/Delete Post 
Another theatre opened in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. [Smile]

-

Christopher Crouch

- posted October 09, 2006 05:19 PM      Profile for Christopher Crouch   Email Christopher Crouch         Edit/Delete Post 
Seems restaurant/theatre operations are a growing trend in Texas these days. There are already the Studio Movie Grill and Movie Tavern chains; now, the Metro cinema +indigogrile. I wonder if this will catch on as an industry wide trend?

David Au

- posted October 09, 2006 07:27 PM      Profile for David Au   Email David Au         Edit/Delete Post 
The restaurant/theatre combination might work in some places, but it doesn't seem profitable enough to become widespread.

I have heard that there is a movie theater chain called Warren Theatres where they have waiters come to your seat and serve you alcoholic drinks at the push of a button.

Warren Theatres Old Town

Mike Rivest

- posted October 15, 2006 06:55 PM      Profile for Mike Rivest   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Rivest         Edit/Delete Post 
 -

Another ad for the metro

Mark Richey

- posted October 16, 2006 11:46 AM      Profile for Mark Richey   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Richey         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to know exactly what the "unique concept" is. The ads are fairly light on details regarding what sets this theater apart from other cinema grills. Is it the IMAX? If it does have an IMAX screen, I'm surprised that there hasn't been more about Tarrant County's first commercial IMAX venue in the local press (or at least the Dallas press).

Richard A Stegman Jr

- posted October 17, 2006 02:54 PM      Profile for Richard A Stegman Jr   Email Richard A Stegman Jr         Edit/Delete Post 
ITA,Mark.

Besides the IMAX,what the big deal about yet another cinema/restaurant hybrid?

All times are Central
This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  19  20  21 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.