HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas in the News   » Starplex Showplex Cinemas Merger

Author Topic: Starplex Showplex Cinemas Merger
Christopher Crouch

- posted January 05, 2013 02:10 AM      Profile for Christopher Crouch   Email Christopher Crouch         Edit/Delete Post 
Starplex Cinemas and Showplex Cinemas have merged:

quote:
Dallas, Texas (PRWEB) January 04, 2013

Starplex Cinemas announces the recent acquisition of Overland Park, Kan.-based ShowPlex Cinemas Inc. to create a top-12 theater chain with 32 locations across the United States.

ShowPlex Cinemas currently operates 10 theaters and 92 screens in Midwest states. The company’s majority owner, Trinity Hunt Partners, will be represented on the new company’s board of directors and remain a significant shareholder. Trinity Hunt is a leading private equity firm based in Dallas.

The two companies will continue to operate under their existing brands with Starplex assuming the day-to-day management of Showplex’s theaters. The corporate office will be located in Dallas, where Starplex is based.

“The addition of ShowPlex’s quality assets will complement Starplex’s growing domestic footprint, including the expansion of our presence in the Midwest market,” states Steve Holmes, CEO of Starplex Cinemas. Starplex continues to provide quality films in state-of-the-art auditoriums at affordable prices.

The two companies combined will now operate 32 theatres and 320 screens in Arkansas, California, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, New Jersey, Oklahoma, Texas and Washington.

PR Web Press Release

Additionally, Starplex has turned over it's former Kingwood, Texas theatre to Showbiz Cinemas.

|  IP: Logged

Scott Polidore

- posted January 10, 2013 12:16 PM      Profile for Scott Polidore   Email Scott Polidore         Edit/Delete Post 
i emailed showplex earlier in the week to see if they're interested in expanding to northwest ohio....TWO people got back with me within a few hours to say they'd survey the area and get back to me. so i guess its only a merger and not a buyout like we all think when someone says "buy out"

Christopher Crouch

- posted January 22, 2013 11:04 PM      Profile for Christopher Crouch   Email Christopher Crouch         Edit/Delete Post 
For the time being, Starplex and Showplex will retain separate brand identities (i.e. the public won't notice a change). However, behind the scenes, Starplex now operates both.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.