CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas in the News   » Seattle: Sundance to take over Landmark Metro Cinemas

Author Topic: Seattle: Sundance to take over Landmark Metro Cinemas
Mark Campbell

- posted April 09, 2012 05:52 PM      Profile for Mark Campbell   Email Mark Campbell         Edit/Delete Post 
Sundance Cinemas to take over Landmark's Metro Cinemas. The story in the Seattle times here:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/businesstechnology/2017919513_sundance06.html

|  IP: Logged

Matt Lutthans

- posted May 28, 2012 10:25 PM      Profile for Matt Lutthans   Email Matt Lutthans         Edit/Delete Post 
The theatre will reopen this Friday, all-digital.

In the meanwhile, it sure is odd to see a blockbuster like THE AVENGERS playing at the Varsity!

Mark Campbell

- posted May 29, 2012 05:04 PM      Profile for Mark Campbell   Email Mark Campbell         Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder if/when Landmark will convert their remaining Seattle theaters to Digital or if any might be let go? All their theaters are older and have a cozy art-house aura about them, with the highest screen count being the 2nd run Crest with 4 screens.

In fact I am curious about Landmark's overall strategy. In Los Angeles they have aimed to be upscale and Arclight-ish by opening a The Landmark and closing a lot of smaller art-house locations. In Seattle they no longer have the Neptune or the Metro. What will be next?

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.