CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas in the News   » Cineopolis expanding to Los Angeles

Author Topic: Cineopolis expanding to Los Angeles
Jeff Arellano

- posted October 25, 2011 08:22 AM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
There is an LA times article today that cinepolis is expanding and looking at Los Angeles. It specifically mentions Westlake (goodbye Mann westlake) and Westwood.. where in westwood? AVCO?

Id copy the article but can't from my cell phone.

|  IP: Logged

Chris Utley

- posted October 25, 2011 10:29 AM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
I read the article. Sure sounds like Avco to me.

Bob Allen

- posted October 25, 2011 01:57 PM      Profile for Bob Allen   Email Bob Allen         Edit/Delete Post 
Sheese! That's all LA needs, another theatre.

Jeff Arellano

- posted November 30, 2011 11:06 AM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
Its official! Heard from a source that AVCO will be the home of Cineopolis LA. Should reopen next year.

Brad Erickson

- posted November 30, 2011 12:38 PM      Profile for Brad Erickson   Email Brad Erickson         Edit/Delete Post 
It will be interesting to see how they do it. Will the lobby area essehtially turn into the cafe/restuarant? They cannot really expand out.

Jeff Arellano

- posted November 30, 2011 03:47 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
Only thing I can see them doing too is making the houses smaler

Brad Erickson

- posted November 30, 2011 04:50 PM      Profile for Brad Erickson   Email Brad Erickson         Edit/Delete Post 
They would have to make a kitchen area somewhere if they are going to serve food. Unless they will lease out the Deli/Snackbar that is across the courtyard. Obviously the seating count will decrease. Perhaps they will use the lobby area for the dining section. It is going to be a major remodel.

Danny Baldwin

- posted November 30, 2011 06:05 PM      Profile for Danny Baldwin   Author's Homepage   Email Danny Baldwin         Edit/Delete Post 
I bet they split both of the upstairs auditoriums. At their Del Mar location, seating is in the 60s for every auditorium; halves of those houses would be more than accommodating.

Maybe they even use one of the existing auditoriums for the kitchen.

The whole two-level element isn't so great for food service, though...

I've been wondering recently what they'll do with the La Costa 6 in the San Diego area. Those auditoriums were much bigger than the Del Mar location they converted, but I can't see them being halved... If they were smart, they'd do a two-tiered approach with one half premium food seating, one half general ala the Muvico in Thousand Oaks.

I've gotta head over to Avco tomorrow one last time... kicking myself for missing the Sunset 5 yesterday.

Mark Campbell

- posted November 30, 2011 10:18 PM      Profile for Mark Campbell   Email Mark Campbell         Edit/Delete Post 
Get some pictures Danny

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.