CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas in the News   » Official: Mann Closing Marketplace 4 next year (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Official: Mann Closing Marketplace 4 next year
Danny Baldwin

- posted June 27, 2011 01:49 PM      Profile for Danny Baldwin   Author's Homepage   Email Danny Baldwin         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll try, but the way they have it set up may not be conducive to that. I do have about 10 April iPhone photos from the other wing that are reasonably good quality, so it would not be a huge loss if they don't let me. I get the feeling that this might be one where they are uptight, because the employees weren't allowed to say it was closing (had to speak with a manager).

|  IP: Logged

Danny Baldwin

- posted June 30, 2011 04:19 PM      Profile for Danny Baldwin   Author's Homepage   Email Danny Baldwin         Edit/Delete Post 
Hearing from employees that Vintage Cinemas (who of course run the Los Feliz & Vista) may swoop in and take over, as soon as tomorrow if you can believe it! Don't know if it will be month-to-month, just until the nightclub deal gets approved, or if it's more permanent. But great news. (BTW, I got a few pictures but they promptly stopped me, saying they'd have to call it in for approval. I backed off, because Lance Alspaugh will likely let us photograph the hell out of the place.)

Mark Campbell

- posted June 30, 2011 04:56 PM      Profile for Mark Campbell   Email Mark Campbell         Edit/Delete Post 
Danny, are you talking about the Exchange 10 and not the Marketplace 4 which this thread is about?

Danny Baldwin

- posted June 30, 2011 04:58 PM      Profile for Danny Baldwin   Author's Homepage   Email Danny Baldwin         Edit/Delete Post 
Correct. We probably should have started a new thread, but I started responding to other posts about the 10 and it just went on and on... [Wink]

Richard A Stegman Jr

- posted July 01, 2011 10:16 PM      Profile for Richard A Stegman Jr   Email Richard A Stegman Jr         Edit/Delete Post 
The Marketplace 4 has closed. It's no longer in the Mann Theatres listing in the Los Angeles Times

Jeff Arellano

- posted July 02, 2011 02:42 AM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
Wha wha wha?!?!?! The 4 closed?!?!?! Sayonara Mann Theaters!

Edit: called the recording and they have showtimes. They even have advance tickets on sale.for HP7.2

Chris Utley

- posted July 02, 2011 11:07 AM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
I saw the LA Times ad. The 4 is open...the 10 is closed.

Danny Baldwin

- posted July 02, 2011 02:52 PM      Profile for Danny Baldwin   Author's Homepage   Email Danny Baldwin         Edit/Delete Post 
Correct. Here's my question: When Vintage supposedly takes over the 10, will they take the 4 as well? Having three exhibs within three blocks of each other, presumably all playing the same movies, would be weird.

Danny Baldwin

- posted July 02, 2011 09:59 PM      Profile for Danny Baldwin   Author's Homepage   Email Danny Baldwin         Edit/Delete Post 
According to a Twitter friend who did a cruise-by, the 10 is open for business with new movies, even though they have NO Internet presence and the phone recording is still the old Mann one. Weird.

Danny Baldwin

- posted July 03, 2011 03:32 PM      Profile for Danny Baldwin   Author's Homepage   Email Danny Baldwin         Edit/Delete Post 
Showtimes for the 10 now available on the phone line. It lives on.

Edward Havens

- posted July 04, 2011 09:25 PM      Profile for Edward Havens   Email Edward Havens         Edit/Delete Post 
Horrible recording. Very strange style of speaking, bad information ("Jim Carrey is Mr. Popper... Penguins!") and I think I only heard showtimes for eight theatres. It also says all houses are THX-certified, which the twin never was, and only 4, 5, 7 and 8 were still THX-certified when I was there 2007-2009.

Danny Baldwin

- posted July 04, 2011 11:57 PM      Profile for Danny Baldwin   Author's Homepage   Email Danny Baldwin         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, when you consider that the Vista used to use Bonzai Buddy for their recording, this guy is a step up for Vintage. [Wink]

Danny Baldwin

- posted July 05, 2011 11:50 PM      Profile for Danny Baldwin   Author's Homepage   Email Danny Baldwin         Edit/Delete Post 
Also... Yes, Havens, as I now see printed on MovieFone, they are clearly not using the twin (even as they get new movies Friday). Hope that's not a permanent thing, as #9 is pretty unbeatable, though downsizing was likely inevitable. Just glad it's still there.

Danny Baldwin

- posted July 06, 2011 05:35 PM      Profile for Danny Baldwin   Author's Homepage   Email Danny Baldwin         Edit/Delete Post 
Now officially listed as "The Exchange 8" on MovieTickets.com: http://www.movietickets.com/house_detail.asp?house_id=1404

R.I.P. to The Twin. Glad to have caught a final show in there last Thursday. Snuck a few quick pictures, which I'll load up shortly.

Jeff Arellano

- posted September 14, 2011 06:38 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
So the Exchange 4 is going to a partial discount theater. $5 all day all shows for Transformers, Super 8, Kung Fu Panda and something else.. and Rise Of The Planet and Contagion stay full price at 11.75

All times are Central
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.