CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas in the News   » Krikorian Closes Dos Lagos 15 in Corona, CA (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Krikorian Closes Dos Lagos 15 in Corona, CA
John J. Fink

- posted July 27, 2010 05:03 PM      Profile for John J. Fink   Author's Homepage   Email John J. Fink         Edit/Delete Post 
It reopened today with a strange mix what might be second run films, a French film, a Bollywood flick, and an indie. On the two 3-D screens is How to Train Your Draggon and Shrek Forever After. Perhaps this is a soft opening and things will pick up in the coming weeks with newer fare (there's no online ticketing as of yet).

|  IP: Logged

Jeff Arellano

- posted July 27, 2010 05:55 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
Opening Features:

I Hate Luv Storys (NR)
Jonah Hex (PG-13)
The A-Team (PG-13)
Coco Chanel & Igor Stravinsky (R)
Anna Mouglalis,Mads Mikkelsen
The Karate Kid (PG)
Get Him to the Greek (R)
Killers (PG-13)
Marmaduke (PG)
Splice (R)
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (PG-13)
Shrek Forever After 3D (PG)
Robin Hood (PG-13)
Iron Man 2 (PG-13)
Please Give (R)
How to Train Your Dragon 3D (PG)

I called the phone number and listened to the recording. No prices given.

Danny Baldwin

- posted July 27, 2010 06:30 PM      Profile for Danny Baldwin   Author's Homepage   Email Danny Baldwin         Edit/Delete Post 
The guy on the recording is great. About when he says "Marmaduke," you think he's going to break into a full rap of the showtimes. Sounds like night shows only right now.

Jeff Arellano

- posted July 27, 2010 06:53 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
Scott / Adam - ill be in San Diego on Thursday ill try and get some exterior pics with my camera... If I take the 15 down like I am planning..

Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

- posted July 28, 2010 10:09 AM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
If it's a Phoenix/Big Cinema then it's not surprising that it has the Bollywood pictures, that seems to be their thing.

Jeff -- photos are always welcome but after they're settled in there Phoenix is pretty nice to us I can get permission for photos eventually.

Jeff Arellano

- posted July 28, 2010 10:36 AM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds good Scott. I will at least get an exterior until we can get some interior later down the line.

Christopher Crouch

- posted July 28, 2010 09:49 PM      Profile for Christopher Crouch   Email Christopher Crouch         Edit/Delete Post 
As for the Bollywood connection:
While Phoenix Cinemas' management (former Regal executives) is based out of Knoxville, the primary money behind the company is Adlabs (an Indian company).

John J. Fink

- posted July 29, 2010 05:50 AM      Profile for John J. Fink   Author's Homepage   Email John J. Fink         Edit/Delete Post 
I wasn't impressed with their presentation at Columbia Park - I had gone to see a Bollywood film (Rocket Sigh: Salesman of the Year) and the subtitles had been out of frame. I kept thinking on the way down two flights of stairs to the concession stand to ask them to fix it - and two flights back up - - if this company isn't taking pride in how they show Bollywood films - then who is?

John J. Fink

- posted August 04, 2010 08:45 AM      Profile for John J. Fink   Author's Homepage   Email John J. Fink         Edit/Delete Post 
Per Movietickets.com general admission is: Adults $11, Children/Seniors $7.50 with a $3.50 upgrade to 3-D. With second run bookings and a few art films, I can't imagine how it's doing. I assume under prior ownership they were playing films on break or are they splitting product amongst other theaters?

Bill Gabel

- posted August 05, 2010 10:13 AM      Profile for Bill Gabel           Edit/Delete Post 
Columbia Park does have a few problems with presentation.

Christopher Crouch

- posted August 06, 2010 03:09 AM      Profile for Christopher Crouch   Email Christopher Crouch         Edit/Delete Post 
Columbia Park is a difficult theatre to operate. In addition to a somewhat "challenging" customer base (they set one of the auditoriums on fire when Starplex ran the place), it's a management deal and the owner has his own agenda (which often contradicts normal operations).

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.