CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas in the News   » Belleville, IL: Skyview Drive-In to EXPAND!!!

Author Topic: Belleville, IL: Skyview Drive-In to EXPAND!!!
Kyle Muldrow

- posted June 29, 2010 05:22 PM      Profile for Kyle Muldrow   Author's Homepage   Email Kyle Muldrow         Edit/Delete Post 
Fantastic news, especially for all of us drive-in fans!

The Skyview Drive-In in Belleville, IL, could be adding a third screen in the near future!!! Sadly, it will come at the expense of the abandoned BAC Quad Cinema, which will be demolished under the plan. But anytime a drive-in stays open...not to mention expands...is awesome news!!! Here's two links:

St. Louis Post-Dispatch

Belleville News-Democrat

|  IP: Logged

Chris Utley

- posted June 30, 2010 09:25 AM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
Why stop at only 3 screens? I've been in that lot. There's room enough for 4 screens after they tear down the Quad.

Kyle Muldrow

- posted June 30, 2010 09:26 AM      Profile for Kyle Muldrow   Author's Homepage   Email Kyle Muldrow         Edit/Delete Post 
That might be all the city would agree to help pay for, but you're right. They could easily fit one more new screen on that lot. I also think they might get the lights in the marquee working again. Love to see that rocket work like it used to!!!

The Evil Sam Graham

- posted July 26, 2010 08:00 PM      Profile for The Evil Sam Graham   Author's Homepage   Email The Evil Sam Graham         Edit/Delete Post 
Just so I'm reading this correctly...An indoor is being demolished to make room for an outdoor???

Kyle Muldrow

- posted July 27, 2010 08:42 AM      Profile for Kyle Muldrow   Author's Homepage   Email Kyle Muldrow         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Sam, you're reading it right!!! Granted, the indoor theater has been closed for quite some time, but it's true!!

Miracles do happen!!!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.