CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas in the News   » AMC Century 15 - Now With Assigned Seating

Author Topic: AMC Century 15 - Now With Assigned Seating
Jeff Arellano

- posted December 18, 2009 10:05 AM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
In a "I saw this coming a mile away" turn, AMC Century 15 will be the fourth theatre in Los Angeles to have Assigned Seating (after the Arclights and Landmark)

From LA Curbed:
CENTURY CITY: The trend towards assigned seating marches on. In a press release, AMC Entertainment announced today that it will now offer guests at AMC Century City 15 (on Santa Monica Blvd) reserved seating. "All seats and wheelchair spaces will be assigned numbers and guests will be able to choose their seats when purchasing tickets at the box office, automated box office (ABO) or online for all auditoriums at AMC Century City 15." [Curbed Inbox]

|  IP: Logged

Richard A Stegman Jr

- posted December 18, 2009 11:58 AM      Profile for Richard A Stegman Jr   Email Richard A Stegman Jr         Edit/Delete Post 
The Gold Class Cinemas,in Pasadena,also has reserved seating.

So that's 5 theatres in L.A. County with a "reserved seating" policy.

Chris Utley

- posted December 18, 2009 12:21 PM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
HELL, YEAH!

Let me explain: I manage 3 film clubs out here and it's tough wrangling my members to sit together. We have to meet extra early to make sure we all can find seats in the same row. This eliminates all my troubles! [bow down] [thumbs up] [Cool]

And, technically, this will be the 5th and a half theatre that's all assigned seating. The Bridge features assigned seating in it's 3 Directors Hall rooms and it's IMAX room (where I will be seeing "Avatar" tomorrow - 12/19/09).

Jeff Arellano

- posted December 18, 2009 01:11 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
It already started today! You can chose your seats at MovieTickets.Com for this. Wow, AMC is on the ball with this!

Chris Utley

- posted December 18, 2009 01:39 PM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
WOW...did they sneak that under the radar or what?!

Danny Baldwin

- posted December 18, 2009 07:55 PM      Profile for Danny Baldwin   Author's Homepage   Email Danny Baldwin         Edit/Delete Post 
This has actually been going on since LAST weekend on MovieTickets.com. I thought it was a minor mistake in the system when I first saw the "Reserved Seating" subtitle, but then I clicked in and saw people had reserved.

The downside: it's now $1 more on weekends. While I haven't been to Century in about six months so I could be wrong, I'm pretty sure this directly corresponds with the new seating arrangement.

Matthew Lok

- posted May 08, 2010 03:11 PM      Profile for Matthew Lok   Email Matthew Lok         Edit/Delete Post 
Lobby Pic:

Here is a Lobby Pic from Yelp. com user, Harry H. Man the lobby looks so elegant guys. I like that sweeping curve. And the carpet mixed with the marble flooring. Although I'm neutral (could care less if the AMC I was visitng had them or not), on the browinsh film murals, they look nice here at Century City. You get murals and [thumbs up] posters.

The only other AMC I've been to with a sweeping curved hallway is Burbank 16. Its a U-shaped hallway.

The only other AMC I've been to that has these murals is AMC Glendora 12. But its like so dark on each side of the halls and they don't stand out.

http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/wKf87agRGdeayWOzQhRYiA?select=t9ti-zH-Mor_R7O5YeCOhg

1 EDIT - Added the Link.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.