CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas in the News   » Pacific Theatres sells most of its locations (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Pacific Theatres sells most of its locations
Jeff Arellano

- posted July 03, 2008 08:34 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
2 of the 3 burbanks are also stadium seating now. Also, these are in a downtown area that is always busy.

When I worked at Burbank, movies that shared three theatres usually were strategically timed.

Movies always started first and ended first at the 6.
Usually the 8 had the middle show times. Therefore if the 6 sold out they could walk to the 8 across the street.
The 14 if one screen had the latter show.
For Example, lets take 3 screens of a movie
7:00 (6)
7:30 (8)
8:00 (14)

Usually additional prints were squeezed in there a lil more.

Also, new movies played exclusively at the 6, Art and last few week moveovers were mostly at the 8, and everything else was at the 14.

I don't know how they run it today, but it was always great to be at the 6 and tell them the next shows were at the 8 and 14. Also, communication between the theatres was awesome. Once a movie sold out they would call the other theatres and let them know.

Midnight shows were always held at all three theatres during the biggest weekends. Normal Summer/Winter midnights were usually at the 6 and for a long time the 14 always had midnights all year. It was incredible having midnights in a mall, usually they would turn most the lights off at 11.

But these Pacifics, even though they were a block apart, it was a sea of Parking Lot, a Circuit City and Home Depot. Not much excitement.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.