CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas in the News   » Grand Rapids, MI: Loeks buys two Cinemark properties

Author Topic: Grand Rapids, MI: Loeks buys two Cinemark properties
The Evil Sam Graham

- posted June 24, 2007 07:07 PM      Profile for The Evil Sam Graham   Author's Homepage   Email The Evil Sam Graham         Edit/Delete Post 
SOURCE: Grand Rapids Press

quote:
GRAND RAPIDS -- Owners of Celebration Cinema announced this afternoon the purchase of 34 more screens.

Effective Wednesday, John Loeks' Celebration Cinema will take over two Cinemark properties, the 14-screen theatre at Woodland Mall and the 20-screen property at Rivertown Mall.

Thats exciting for us and for the community," Loeks said in a press release. "With our recent conversion to digital cinema, planned upgrades to Studio 28 and a blockbuster summer, we feel great about the timing of this transaction.

According to the release, Celebration Cinema will take over operations of the theatres in Woodland Mall and Rivertown Mall beginning Friday. The theatres will close briefly Wednesday and reopen for business June 27.

We will make a few modifications to the facilities, including reworking both concessions and point-of-purchase equipment Loeks said. We also plan to interview the staff and give them an opportunity to take employment with us. We will handle the internal pieces so that the transition will be seamless to our customers.

Loeks also owns and operates Celebration Cinema North and South in Grand Rapids, and properties in Muskegon, Lansing, Mount Pleasant, Benton Harbor/St Joseph and Kalamazoo/Portage.

For more info on Celebration Cinemas, go to celebrationcinema.com.

|  IP: Logged

Chris Utley

- posted June 29, 2007 02:58 PM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
Off-topic, but I sure do miss your drive-in website, Mr. Evil Sam. You were the original AND the best!

The Evil Sam Graham

- posted June 30, 2007 06:56 PM      Profile for The Evil Sam Graham   Author's Homepage   Email The Evil Sam Graham         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, if it makes you feel any better, most of my pics that I had on my old site have since been posted on this site...rescanned bigger and cleaner.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.