CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas in the News   » Austin TX: Cinemark coming to Georgetown

Author Topic: Austin TX: Cinemark coming to Georgetown
The Evil Sam Graham

- posted February 23, 2005 06:23 PM      Profile for The Evil Sam Graham   Author's Homepage   Email The Evil Sam Graham         Edit/Delete Post 
Austin Business Journal
quote:
Simon and Cinemark to bring theater to Georgetown

Real estate investment trust Simon Property Group Inc., which primarily owns, develops and manages malls and community shopping centers nationally and internationally, has committed to a project in Georgetown.

The Wolf Lakes project, a 10-screen, stadium-seating Cinemark movie theater, is a joint venture between Indianapolis-based Simon and the Bettie Wolf family of Georgetown.

The project is proposed on 145 acres at the northwest corner of Highway 29 and I-35 across from the Wolf Ranch retail development, which is set to open in July.

The 30,000-square-foot theater will feature digital sound, stadium seating, online ticketing and concession stands.

"We believe that Cinemark's presence at Wolf Lakes will definitely be a major asset to the property and the city," says Myles Minton, senior vice president of development at Simon.

"I'm sure movie fans in Georgetown will like this venue very much."

There's room for Cinemark to expand to 14 screens and 38,000 square feet, Minton says.

"Cinemark is excited to team up with Simon to bring this theater to Georgetown," says Alan Stock, president of Cinemark USA Inc., which is based in Plano.

"Texas is home to Cinemark, and we have a strong commitment to bring the best seat in town to as many residents as possible."

|  IP: Logged

Jim Ziegler

- posted February 26, 2005 05:48 PM      Profile for Jim Ziegler   Author's Homepage   Email Jim Ziegler         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The 30,000-square-foot theater will feature digital sound, stadium seating, online ticketing and concession stands.
I'm glad they specified that they are, indeed, building a concession stand.. Was kinda worried till I saw that.. LOL.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.